The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2024, 05:36 PM
But if you put the hammer in an elevator...

I haven't watched either S5 of Discovery or S3 of Picard — just haven't gotten around to them. We've enjoyed all the current series (SNW, LD, Prodigy) for what they are. I'm not too uptight about canon any more. I watch what I like, and ignore what I don't like.

Marvel made an absolute hash of timelines and character from about Phase 3 onward. Doctor Who openly considers canon to be something you wave at as you fly by. Sherlock's writers went so far off the deep end that they ended up in the multiverse. Star Wars is so diluted and spread out that "canon" no longer has meaning. Hell, even The X-Files went off the rails early on because Chris Carter planned for 5 seasons but at the end of S3 Fox begged him to extend it, so he had to jettison his five-year plan and the whole show just got weird and exhausting after Duchovny and then Anderson left. This isn't a new thing.

Zeke, I totally hear you about mentally de-canonizing certain series because they no longer follow Gene's vision. Focus on what makes you happy. I'll be here, whatever you write.

Tags
5mdv, 5mv, discovery, spot the bnl reference