Marc Richard presents....
The Top 10 Things We Would Have Loved to See in a Next Generation-Based Mirror Universe
A manifestation of Alternate Universe Week
And the number one thing we would have loved to see in a Next Generation-based Mirror Universe....
- Barclay as the tough, supremely confident, Snake Plissken-type leader of the Terran Resistance
- Wesley Crusher as a suspected Resistance spy who, when he is questioned by the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, truthfully insists that he knows nothing about anything
- Tasha Yar as an inept new Resistance recruit who's even more of a klutz with a phaser than Hoshi Sato used to be
- La Forge as a dissolute rake who defects to the Alliance when he is kicked out of the Resistance for spending all his time seducing women
- Worf in the same job as Regent of the Alliance as we saw on DS9, but holding Gowron rather than Garak at the end of a dog collar and chain
- Beverly as a Ripley/Sarah Connor-like Resistance fighter who is so deadly in hand-to-hand combat that she's known as "Dr. Crusher"
- Data as a Terminator-style android used by the Alliance to hunt down renegade humans
- Riker as a ruthlessly ambitious Resistance officer who seeks to acquire the long-lost Tantalus Field device in order to get promoted to the top job more quickly
- Picard as a sneaky, double-dealing mercenary captain of a decrepit freighter, but without any of Han Solo's charm
- Deanna Troi as the sadistic, leather-clad Intendant of Betazed, gleefully purring the words "I feel your pain" to errant underlings as she beats them with a riding crop
Previous list :: This list :: Next list|
Comments? Contact the author, Marc Richard.
___ Top 10 Lists
___ ___ List #37
This list was originally published on June 20, 2003.
DISCLAIMER: I, um, disclaim stuff. Yeah. What do you want from me?
All material © 2003, Marc Richard.