The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Lone Ranger

Location: Where it's cold in winter and hot in summer, yet not warm in spring.

[color=#000000ost_uid0]10. "Begging" - set in the 7th season of Voyager, Harry spends an entire hour begging Janeway for a promotion. --too boring

9. "Whining" - set in the 1st season of Voyager, Harry spends and entire hour complaining to Paris that he wants to go home. -- too boring

8. "Tnaifed" - the Defiant goes through some crazy anomaly and ends up traveling backwards through time. The episode was filmed like a normal episode, and in an attempt to make the story scientificaly correct, it was going to be shown in reverse. No one could understand a thing. -- too wierd

7. "The Naked Minute" - Voyager encounters a nebula/borg thing/anything and water turns to super alcohol. Janeway ends up in bed with Neelix. -- too wrong

6. "The Happiest Place on Earth" - The crew of the Enterprise decide that after fighting the Xindi they should visit Disneyland. The crew goes crazy with relief. Antics only thought to be seen on childrens TV are shown. -- too wacky.

5. "The Dating Game" - For some fun, Uhura creates a dating game. Spock and McCoy both end up falling in love with the person they meet. In the end it turns out that it was each other. -- too controversial

4. "Ratings are low" - Due to a freak accident Seven of Nine is brought into the past by T'pol, who happens to be in the starting phaze of the Pon Far. Seven catches it as well. The two seek out Trip. -- too sexy

3. "The Holodeck" - The crew of Voyager spends a relaxing weekend in the holodeck. Nothing bad happens. -- too wierd

2. "Status" - Lwaxana lists off all of her titles. Riker ends up stabbing himself with a PADD to get out of hearing it. -- too boring

1. "Zero Hour" - A big lead up to... alien Nazi's. Viewers stab themselves with PADDs - too wierd/wacky/wrong

next list: New Olympic sports that Trek characters would excel at[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]( Edit: ^Bwahahaha! :lol: :lol: )

Top Ten Trek Episodes that were Just Too Wacky/Wierd/Wrong/Sexy/Boring/Controversial to be aired

10: Wacky:
"Aquatic See, Denobulan Do" Phlox is bored with the lack of weird aliens to treat. When he discovers the ancient Earth art called "mime", he takes it up as a casual hobby (minus the white face--purple suits him so much better) that soon becomes a 24/7 preoccupation. Some crewmembers are disturbed (most notably Archer) while others are amused (most notably Mayweather [okay, so maybe "other[bost_uid0]s[/bost_uid0]" was a bit of a stretch]). It turns out to be useful when, during a desperate battle that rocks the ship and knocks out the Universal Translators onboard, Phlox successfully communicates via sign language to a Xindi defector his last-ditch plan to save the ship's last slice of pecan pie from sliding off a table and onto the floor.

9: Weird:
"The Sportsters of Dodecahelion" In this transparent re-make, Captain Janeway, Tuvok, Kes, and Torres are captured and added to a slave population consisting mostly of male hunks. Janeway promptly goes Jim Kirk on the lot of them. What little good there is in the show is wrecked by the fact that at the start of nearly every scene can be heard the voice of Jennifer Lien continuing to complain heartily about how she "never gets any hunks".

8: Wrong:
"What's Up, Doc Phlox?" In a thoroughly jaw-dropping heart-stopping shocker, Daffy Duck and gang become canon (:O) when Archer goes back in time to [iost_uid0]Space Jam[/iost_uid0] to save the world from extraterrestrial meanies. Again.

7: Sexy:
"Shirtless" After Phlox and T'Pol have full-body run-ins with poison ivy, it turns out that the best way for Denobulans or Vulcans to get rid of rashes is to let the affected skin air out the poison that caused it. --Hmm? Oh yeah, Shran's an alien too, isn't he? Yeah, so he falls into the stuff too and has to air out his skin as well...anyone else?...

6: Boring:
"The Linguist and the Pilot" An entire episode that focuses on nothing more than what happens after Mayweather wagers Hoshi $100 that they can switch bridge positions for an entire month without anyone noticing. Archer seems to think something is odd at first, but gets used to telling "Sato" to move the ship around without even realizing he's doing it. No one else so much as blinks at the irregularity--and that includes the viewers.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 07-15-2004, 02:07 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hotaru: *snerf* TOO funny!
NAH: [iost_uid0]Now[/iost_uid0] what? Are we going to have an alternative top 10 sprouting off?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-15-2004, 11:20 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid7]Nahh, just go with Hotaru's [/colorost_uid7]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 07-16-2004, 02:56 PM
La la la, I can't hear you

Send a message via ICQ to Alexia Send a message via AIM to Alexia Send a message via MSN to Alexia Send a message via Yahoo to Alexia

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hmmm...New Olympic sports that Trek characters would excel at, eh?

10. Janeway - Olympic Coffee Drinking (I know of no one who could beat her! )

Ok, cant think of any more at the moment! [/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-17-2004, 10:11 AM
I fell in the pit
You fell in the pit
We all fell in the piiiiit

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Okay I try one

9. Chakotay in Olympic rapid shuttle crashing (is anyone faster) [/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-17-2004, 10:10 PM
I fell in the pit
You fell in the pit

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I feel another one coming

not the best but hey
it's my second

8. Chef on NX01 is the best in Olympic chili cooking contest[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]You can just edit and add to your post You can do a whole list or just one entry...

7. Kirk in Olympic Dating
6. Quark in Olympic Bartending Without Ever Actually Pouring a Drink or doing Any Work That Doesn't Involve Getting In Odo's Way.
5. Bashir in Olympic Obsession With An Alien Babe[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 07-17-2004, 10:47 PM
I fell in the pit
You fell in the pit

[color=#000000ost_uid0]all right, got it :eyeroll:

what about
4. Captain Pike in Olympic beeping (morse-code, just watched TOS)[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-18-2004, 05:12 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]3. Kirk-- gold in the Olympic Slow-Speaking Championship![/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-18-2004, 09:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Alexia Send a message via AIM to Alexia Send a message via MSN to Alexia Send a message via Yahoo to Alexia

[color=#000000ost_uid0]2: Olympic eybrow raising - neck & neck with spock & tuvok[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-19-2004, 03:14 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]1. Olympic Time Traveling: An event to see who can do the most damage.

Top Ten Reasons how Time Travel is healthy[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-19-2004, 08:15 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]10. It confuses T'Pol, because the Vulcan Science people say it isn't possible, but she sees it, so she runs to Trip. Okay, so maybe it's mostly healthy for Trip...erm...[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-19-2004, 05:43 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid5]Hi danieldoof! Welcome!

9. Bashir can now go back and give those living in the Middle Ages full-spectrum antiviral/bacterial/fungal vaccinations. :devil:

8. You can't die if you don't exist, right? Therefore by going back in time to a point before your conception you can avoid that most unhealthy of all conditions: death!

7. Frequent Time Traveler miles can be cashed in for a week's vacation in a Risan health spa. Vacation can work wonders for mental health, you know!

6. The Interstellar Medical Association has reported that spending time as a bunch of tachyons works wonders for creases, aching bones, and other signs of aging. (Physicists, mathematicians, wise guys, and most of the rest of the public have pointed out that simply regressing to one's younger state would be even better, but that's beside the point.)

5. The odds of dying as a direct result of time travel are statistically only about .3%. Compare that with the odds of dying from a full-strength disruptor blast to the heart, and it's clear that time travel is much safer, and likely healthier as well.

4. Time travel allows Janeway to relive that last cup of coffee over and over again during times of low supply when coffee is unavailable. This is quite beneficial to her mental health and even more so to crewmembers' continued existence.

3. Kirk: "Spock, help Mr. Sulu to plot a time-travelling course around the Sun. I've [iost_uid5]got[/iost_uid5] to go back to last night's party and warn myself not to drink that Saurian brandy/Romulan ale cocktail!"[/colorost_uid5]

Yup

Old 07-19-2004, 09:58 PM
I fell in the pit
You fell in the pit

[color=#000000ost_uid0]thanks for the welcome
I definetely like it here
so many people having fun with scifi
I wonder where you get those great ideas from
I think I have to work on mine very hard

okay here we go

2. I refer to one of the startrek movies. I guess it is much healthier to timetravel to get the redshirts now than to wait until Tuesday and do the dangerous work alone.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-20-2004, 03:00 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]and the number 1 reason why going back i time is healthy is:

1: You can go back in time and not eat that cake! (althogh, i'd probably eat it all over again )

Next: Top Ten pets for Star Trek Characters[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Outside looking in

[quoteost_uid0="Alexia"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Next: Top Ten pets for Star Trek Characters[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hmm...

10. Janeway: A coffee-fetching dog.
9. Spock: A cat that's been trained to raise his eyebrow.
8. Dr. Phlox: A guinea pig.
7. Kirk: One sexy female cat.

*hands it over for someone else to finish*[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:32 AM
Calvinist

[color=#000000ost_uid0]6. Chakotay: A wirehaired dachshund, so at least one of them has some independent though.

5. Reed: A cute, smooth, mini dachshund forever-puppy, so all the women will say, "Aww, what a cute doggie, this guy must be super cool"

4. Picard: A standard dachshund/poodle mix, to confuse his ancestry...the English accent, French parentage...a little more.

3. Redshirt: A cute, loveable dachshund to send home to his/her widow.

2. Nog: See #5.

1. Jadzia Dax: A standard, smooth dachshund that nips, because Bashir must be afraid of something...

Top Ten Historical People Who Could Come Back To Haunt Star Trek Characters[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-23-2004, 02:00 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Seven of Nine: The Tin Man from the wizard of oz [/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'd suggest Captain Ahab and Picard, but it's not funny and Ahab wasn't really a real guy anyhow.[/colorost_uid0]