The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Old 06-17-2003, 04:17 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Kira here with the next set of fivers, etc.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:40 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Mirror O'Brien: (rallying the slaves) Anyone who wants their freedom, follow me!
Mirror Yang: Free-dohm? That is one of our worship-words.
Mirror O'Brien: Less talk, more uprising.[/quoteost_uid0]
Nice, Marc. But then again I always love TOS references.

[quoteost_uid0]Kira: It wouldn't have been a close call if the three of you had stopped laughing long enough to rescue me sooner.

Marc: We couldn't help it after you misheard the charge as "being a bi--[/quoteost_uid0]
Favorite part.

[quoteost_uid0]7. Chapel: A universe where Spock follows his father's lead in marriage choice
6. Spock: A universe where Chapel follows her fiancé's lead in lifespan [/quoteost_uid0]
This one had me chuckling.

[quoteost_uid0]Kawalsky: See, the Quantum Mirror isn't like a regular dimensional browser. In fact, you have to channel surf millions of alternate universes to find the one you're looking for.
Daniel: No "Favourites" folder? No "History" listing? No dimensional listings channel?
Kawalsky: Actually, your last position gets wiped when you turn the mirror off, so you have to surf for it again.
[pause]
Daniel: This remote sucks.
Kawalsky: I don't think they ever got to version 2.0.[/quoteost_uid0]
Heh. I don't get Stargate jokes, but I do get computer jokes. Nice one, Nan.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0]My computer is senile, so I was writing somewhat from experience.

GREAT work Derek, Kira, Marc, and IJDGAF!

Will Akili be making further appearances, or can we assume she escaped in the confusion? [/colorost_uid0]

Old 06-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]All the fivers are wonderful. My very favorite bits out of them were

[quoteost_uid0]Sisko: Judging from your outfit, it's a place with a ghastly sense of fashion.
Mirror O'Brien: Our clothes fit our personalities just fine.
Sisko: I was afraid of that.
Mirror Garak: Bad news, Intendant. No matter how much I flog the slaves, their morale refuses to improve.
Mirror Mira: ...
Mirror Garak: (nodding) Shall I put another notch in your belt on my way out?
Mirror Kira: It's over there somewhere with the rest of my clothes.[/quoteost_uid0]

[quoteost_uid0]Riker: So Data's my first officer now?
B4: Actually, I'm not Data.
Riker: Sure, whatever.
Tomalak: So what didn't strike a chord? We figured you'd waltz right through our simulated future.
Riker: It was Minuet who made me face the music.
Tomalak: But we chose a love interest who was canon.
Riker: Too bad she was just a jazzed up hologram.[/quoteost_uid0]

[quoteost_uid0]Kawalsky: Jaffa? DIEDIEDIE!
AltAltCarter: Ooooh, freaky hair.
Carter: We probably succeeded because we're different from the people in your universe. Those slight differences may have help--
AltAltCarter: So you're better than we are, are you? Is that it?
Carter: I didn't mean--
AltAltCarter: Bite me.
Carter: What just happened?
O'Neill: I have a vague suspicion she doesn't deal with the chronic whumping as well as you do.
[Hug.]
Shippers: [swoon]
Nan: [iost_uid0]Gahh![/iost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]

The Sleapers installment was really silly too.
[quoteost_uid0]Marc: You call that a plan?
IJD: I don't remember you complaining on the wizard world.
Marc: You had turned me into a ferret.[/quoteost_uid0]
I'm still trying to picture that. :lol:

And a thoroughly funny Top Ten list, too! What a great update! :lol: Â :bigsmile:[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 06-17-2003, 02:30 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"][quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Marc:[/bost_uid0] You call that a plan?
[bost_uid0]IJD:[/bost_uid0] I don't remember you complaining on the wizard world.
[bost_uid0]Marc:[/bost_uid0] You had turned me into a ferret.[/quoteost_uid0]
I'm still trying to picture that. :lol:[/quoteost_uid0]
That bit will be familiar to anyone who's read the Harry Potter books.

[quoteost_uid0="Derek"][quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Kira:[/bost_uid0] It wouldn't have been a close call if the three of you had stopped laughing long enough to rescue me sooner.
[bost_uid0]Marc:[/bost_uid0] We couldn't help it after you misheard the charge as "being a bi--[/quoteost_uid0]
Favorite part.[/quoteost_uid0]

Mine too. Â

Also, for those of you wondering why Marc was snickering at a reference to a mention of Five-Minute Dilbert a couple days ago....

[quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Mirror Garak:[/bost_uid0] Bad news, Intendant. No matter how much I flog the slaves, their morale refuses to improve.
[bost_uid0]Mirror Kira:[/bost_uid0] I'll show you how to boost worker productivity! Random executions! Guards, take those three away and shoot them!
[bost_uid0]Chief Guard:[/bost_uid0] Dilbert, Wally, Alice -- you heard the boss! Get out of your cubicles and come with us![/quoteost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-17-2003, 03:52 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Kira"]Also, for those of you wondering why Marc was snickering at a reference to a mention of Five-Minute Dilbert a couple days ago....

[quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Mirror Garak:[/bost_uid0] Bad news, Intendant. No matter how much I flog the slaves, their morale refuses to improve.
[bost_uid0]Mirror Kira:[/bost_uid0] I'll show you how to boost worker productivity! Random executions! Guards, take those three away and shoot them!
[bost_uid0]Chief Guard:[/bost_uid0] Dilbert, Wally, Alice -- you heard the boss! Get out of your cubicles and come with us![/quoteost_uid0]

[/quoteost_uid0]

*Contented sigh*

That's what I like to see.

The rest was good too. I especially liked the TOS themed Top Ten list. If the next four days are anything like as good, then I'm probably going to end up laughing myself to death.[/colorost_uid0]

- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 06-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Everybody:

[iost_uid0]Rike van William[/iost_uid0]: Nice!

[iost_uid0]The Gods Themselves[/iost_uid0]: Nan, [iost_uid0]very[/iost_uid0] nice! [/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-17-2003, 08:57 PM

[quoteost_uid0="Kira"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Also, for those of you wondering why Marc was snickering at a reference to a mention of Five-Minute Dilbert a couple days ago....[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]There was also the "Elbonian Mafia" line at the beginning of Part I. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-17-2003, 09:49 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]OK, I've only just noticed that - shows how much attention I was paying.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 06-17-2003, 11:51 PM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Guest"][iost_uid0]The Gods Themselves[/iost_uid0]: Nan, [iost_uid0]very[/iost_uid0] nice![/quoteost_uid0]
You read the book? Â :O[/colorost_uid0]

Old 06-19-2003, 09:22 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]^ It's been on my bookshelf for years (as part of a volume of non-Foundation, non-Empire, non-robot Asimov stories.) One of the best sci-fi stories anyone ever wrote. [/colorost_uid0]