The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > 5MV Talk

Old 02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
...and not cowardly

Default Need help getting back

So I haven't been here in at least a year and I want my username back, but I've both forgotten my password and changed my e-mail address. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this sort of conundrum? Or would one of the admins like to maybe lend a helping hand? Obviously I can't use the PMs, but if someone volunteers to help I can e-mail them my old e-mail for confirmation of my identity and my new one so they can send me the password or a new one or something.
Assistance would be appreciated. (I wasn't sure where to post this as I couldn't find a technical section, hope this is ok)
Old 02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

Zeke's the only one with admin powers as far as I know. If there's no way for you to access your old email address to use the "I forgot my password" link, then he'll have to do something to your account. If nothing else, he can probably delete the old one and allow you to re-register.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

If you haven't been back since the latest forum wipe, you can probably just make a new account, since all the old ones were lost.

Edit: Or not. I should check facts before posting, not the other way around.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:44 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default Re: Need help getting back

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squid (I promise)
Or would one of the admins like to maybe lend a helping hand? Obviously I can't use the PMs, but if someone volunteers to help I can e-mail them my old e-mail for confirmation of my identity and my new one so they can send me the password or a new one or something.
No problem. I've reset your password -- drop me an email at zeke@fiveminute.net and I'll tell you what I set it to.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 02-17-2005, 10:18 PM

Thanks, Zeke! I am now officially back! Let there be pie for all those so inclined to celebrate!

Two wrongs make a right, three rights make a left, four lefts make a circle, and five circles make the symbol for the Olympics. This is not necessarily signifigant.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:22 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

General huzzah-ness!
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 02-17-2005, 11:41 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Welcome back, Squidler! I've still got your old avatar if you want to use it, but you'll need to shrink it to within 100x100, since phpBB doesn't seem to do that automatically.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction