The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 09-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Mirai heto Navi wo tore!

Send a message via AIM to GreenFire1
Default Fun with video game characters: What if Adam replaced Dr. Light?

Megaman, there are six robots attacking in various places. Their names end with the word Man. You should select an Empire by using the direction pad.

You have selected Gutsman's Empire. Please note that there are hinged platforms. You will also find Metools. These small robots are capable of guarding using their hats. Please remember that Gutsman is vulnerable to explosions.

Moral of the story: Adam is really easy (and fun) to pick on.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:48 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Ah, here he is. Everybody, this is GreenFire1. I've been hanging out at GameFAQs lately and I found out he was a 5M.net fan, so I suggested that he sign up here.

For those who don't know, Adam is the computer from Metroid Fusion (he and Samus had a cameo in Five-Minute "The Forgotten," where I too made fun of his speech patterns). Mega Man is Mega Man, of course.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 09-15-2006, 04:17 AM
Mirai heto Navi wo tore!

He did speak in colors. Zeke's version had him in bold, but that's a limitation of the Fiver format, no doubt. I'm sure there's some pattern to his color-coding, but I'm not going to bother finding out what it is.

Incidentally, the game implies that Adam speaks. You know, with audio. Samus yells at him in a cutscene, after all, which suggests that the cutscenes are vocal. I believe Samus also comments on how he "sounds." So how does he speak in colors?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:55 AM
Suuuuuper genius

Send a message via AIM to MaverickZer0 Send a message via MSN to MaverickZer0 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickZer0

...blame the game designers? They don't think things have to make sense. Which they don't, because we play the games anyways.

Yay, another Mega Man fan. Brings the grand total here up to about five.

No, I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to go and do it anyway.

*pokes avatar* Made by a good LJ friend. Thanks Ani!

Dark Blues: I'm going to kill you!
Enzan: Not if I kill me first!
Dark Blues: You...are aware my goal is accomplished either way, right?
Enzan: ...Yeah...
Old 09-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Mirai heto Navi wo tore!

Ah, so you're MaverickZer0. I should warn you that your name came up in one of my conversations with Zeke in the context of how disturbing your N/E 'ship fandom is. By the way, I'm signed up to Five (is that the verb?) pretty good portions of the EXE anime. So another warning for you - while N/E jokes would be really easy to make, I'm not going to make them because they're just so easy to make. Especially in the anime, where Enzan and Raika have a steeper going-soft curves than in the games. Just a headsup for you.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Suuuuuper genius

Send a message via AIM to MaverickZer0 Send a message via MSN to MaverickZer0 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickZer0

I love how everyone thinks I am nuts about N/E. I'm only so-so about it. I have different ones that I think make much more sense. If I fived any of it, I wouldn't make any of those jokes either (except in one episode of Axess which is really just begging for it) for the same reasons.
And some others. Anyone who's flipped through a few entries back on my LJ to the last story I put up there will get it. (I don't recommend doing it, though. I've been going through some stuff lately and I don't want anyone to slog through that all.) It's on FF.net, though. In the .EXE section. I'll leave you to guess which one's mine if you do look, it just contains some messed-up junk, falls into humor, and is a really unlikely pairing, and I only have I think three stories up.

I can discuss this if you like, but if so we should probably take it to PM since I have a disturbing mind and I don't want to hurt the fragile brain of anyone who doesn't want to see.

Note: Internets is basically limited, which is why I'm restricting myself from several sites, which is why my LJ hasn't been updated recently. I'll be sporadically here/away in any case. And totally gone Monday.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Mirai heto Navi wo tore!

You'll have to talk to Zeke about that one. He did play it up a bit. Sorry about that.

IM History for Zeke
9/12/2006 10:29 PM: Incoming Message
One of the few EXE fans at 5M.net, MaverickZer0, is a huge Lan/Chaud shipper. It's unsettling.
9/12/2006 10:29 PM: Outgoing Message
The matchup of nightmares.
9/12/2006 10:29 PM: Outgoing Message
And yet...
9/12/2006 10:29 PM: Incoming Message
I don't need to tell you how disappointed he was that "You are important to me, Hikari" didn't survive.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Suuuuuper genius

Don't worry about it. I can see how that impression sticks. For the games, yes, but not hugely. For the anime? Totally not. Blues/Enzan. (I am well aware this may also be a nightmare pairing. ;D)

Though yes, I was highly disappointed in the loss of that line. If only for the fact that it showed they were becoming closer friends.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

For any outsiders reading this, the line quoted above was in the Japanese version of Battle Network 6, but was changed to "Stay alert, Hikari" in the English version. Personally, I think it's not a big deal. Chaud really mellowed out in this one -- he was actually acting like one of the ACDC gang. It wasn't necessary to spell it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFire1 View Post
By the way, I'm signed up to Five (is that the verb?) pretty good portions of the EXE anime.
Let's not go nuts -- you're signed up to try one and see how it goes. But yes, "five" is the verb.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Suuuuuper genius

*insert shifty-eyed look* Dibs on Axess 49! *takes it and runs*

In all seriousness? I will try my hand at fiving an episode or two. It also depends on whether I can use the original version, how quickly they are subbed if that's the case, and whether doing past Axess is worth mentioning.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Mirai heto Navi wo tore!

Axess 49... oh dear. I know I've said that melodrama, sap scenes, and emotional plots are the best things to parody (as has Zeke, no doubt), but are you sure you want to take on that one? It's very, very heavy. Somehow, "Enzan: Blues, I'm going to cure you by hugging you." doesn't quite seem to do it.

And yes, everyone else, that's really how it goes.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Suuuuuper genius

...What? It's my favorite episode. And there was more to it than that. It was really more of it being necessary for Blues to know, after all that time, that Enzan finally considered him as an equal and a partner instead of just a Navi. That was more of it.

And everyone else has a lot of stupid moments in that episode.

Netto: We're your friends, Enzan. And we're going to help you, and you can't stop us!
Everyone: Yeah!
Enzan: ...Do I even know half you people?

Because that's what I was thinknig all through that scene.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Mirai heto Navi wo tore!

Heh heh... if you like the episode so much, it's probably better for you to do it. However, I claim dibs on Axess 4. Also Axess 7. 7 is great.

TorchMan: MegaMan, we can beat this guy, but we have to work together!
MegaMan: Okay, GenericSpeechMan. Whatever you say.

FireMan: Rockman, you have to trust me! There's nothing I can't burn... no, there's nothing we can't burn!
PlantMan: (dies of awesome overload)

Seriously, FireMan can make sap cool. That's a gift.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Suuuuuper genius

You can have 4. I'd be too tempted to make 'pink reindeer with yellow antlers!' jokes, anyway. Because Roll Soul, while having cool powers, makes him look funny.

In that case I also want episodes 24-29 of Axess (Dark Blues Arc start, as well as some Netto-Enzan stuff). And likely 41, though Zeke will doubtless want 42 as it is a Meiru episode very muchly. Which the dub cut. >.<

Old 09-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

...my hovercraft is full of eels.

Gatac
- d02 Quotes
Old 09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Mirai heto Navi wo tore!

So the agreement, should the situation come to pass, is that Mav gets all the heavy Enzan/Blues episodes. No problem. I'd have a hard time parodying something THAT heavy anyway, and Mav seems temperamentally equipped to go around that problem. I still want most of it, but that's me being selfish. If asked what I really wouldn't like to give up, I'd probably say Soul Unison episodes. Some of those scenes are gold. FireMan's cool sap scene, Rock eating GutsMan...
Old 09-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

I swear to god, you people could all be talking Ancient Greek for all I know. The first post, with all the colours, was very pretty, but didn't mean a thing to me!
But at the mention of GameFAQ, wondering if anyone might know....
Mario Kart DS.
Online.
People driving Motorbikes (or such).
Is this something that can be unlocked? Or big old Hackers/Cheaters/Scum?
Anyone?
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------
Old 09-18-2006, 03:45 AM
Suuuuuper genius

Not a clue. I avoid Mario for mental health reasons.

Yeah. I can handle those. Provided any episodes past 26 ever get subbed because like hell I'm inflicting the dub on myself. >.< If anyone needs subs I can give links to torrents for all of EXE and the first half of Axess, as well as Stream 1, Beast 1-4, and the movie. They're in progress on Beast and Axess; I have no idea when Stream will be subbed. Beast+ will be done after Beast. If you just need one file instead of whatever's in the batch or don't have BT I can upload it to yousendit or something, because I have them all.

Other than Blues Soul I have no Soul Unison claims, so go to town.(Although as far as EXE goes, do you want Style Changes? There's a few episodes I could see myself calling in EXE, namely 55 and the uh...one with ShadowMan in the noodle machine. 56 will be fun for whoever wants it, but I sure as hell don't.)

I wouldn't mind 'Friendship in the Mirror' or 'Cross Fusion Terminated' as far as early Axess goes, but...I prefer the latter half anyway. Though we'll have to come up with something funny to make of Cross Fusion. Especially if we ever tackle Stream. I'm assuming we can use the MegaBuster sound effect from the game fivers for the Rockbuster so people know they're related? Zeke?

Old 09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Mirai heto Navi wo tore!

Quote:
Though we'll have to come up with something funny to make of Cross Fusion. Especially if we ever tackle Stream.
I've got a one time CF joke in FEXE Axess 2. It's at the very beginning (which, interestingly, is the only thing I'm done with - though I have also made a Rush/chili reference and am trying to decide between several jokes to make about Kifune). It pretty much goes like this -

Netto: Ugh... I had a wierd dream. I dreamt that I was in a plot device made to drive this show away from Pokemon by getting the humans into actual battle.
Haruka: That wasn't a dream! By the way, here's a bunch of food I made for you because I have no character development. Or life.

Triple zing!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickZer0 View Post
I'm assuming we can use the MegaBuster sound effect from the game fivers for the Rockbuster so people know they're related? Zeke?
Don't ask me. I'm still trying to figure out at what point I lost control of this situation. Have we even talked before about you doing anime fivers?