The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2003, 07:12 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0][iost_uid0]Sorta fun?[/iost_uid0] I'll remember that the next time a big 'quake come round in the Frisco area. As for me, I'll take the wind and the rain any day. And I certainly get plenty of it.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 06-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I coulda sworn I was on the east coast, but we've had rainy weather for a month now. Some summer this is starting out to be. As for the earthquakes, we had one around here centered in New York about a year ago. I think it was a 3.2 or something. Big news, everyone was wondering if people felt it. Few of my friends did. I didn't though. I do have one friend who lived in Los Angelos, and his apartment building colapsed on him one time. Fun stuff. ;D[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 06-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]We had earthquakes a couple of times here, but I slept through all but one of them. :smile:
The one I did feel was when I was about six years old, so I don't remember much of it.[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="Celeste"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I do have one friend who lived in Los Angelos, and his apartment building colapsed on him one time. Fun stuff. ;D[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]That would probably have been the Northridge quake. Some older (pre- current code) apartment buildings consisted of two or three floors of apartments above ground-level carports. The carport walls skewed, and the buildings pancaked down on top of them.

On a New York quake: I recall seeing news of one near Plattsburgh last year. That area, where upstate New York, Vermont and Quebec come together, is pretty active.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-06-2003, 01:33 AM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]You're right on both counts. ::hands over gold star::[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 06-06-2003, 05:02 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]^ Cool!

Thanx! [/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-08-2003, 05:50 AM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="catalina_marina"][color=#000000ost_uid0]If it's the first, there's a big chance I beat all other dutch people in this forum, because I'm in the far east of the Netherlands [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm in South East Asia. Isn't that pretty much on the other side of the globe from everybody else?

But then again, I'm not one to talk. Even though I got an A in Geography, I've come to realize how absymal my knowledge of geographical distance is. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-08-2003, 06:13 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0]As I type this, I'm a stone's throw away from what is technically the West Coast of Canada (ignoring that fact that there's a bloody great island between me and the open sea).

Either way, Standback is farther away because Vancouver and Israel are at different latitudes, while the Netherlands are about level with me.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I LIVE on that bloody great island.

Vancouver Island. It's bigger than Switzerland. And there's probably more cannabis on the island than Switzerland, too.

I think 17's the farthest away. She's in Singapore.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"]As I type this, I'm a stone's throw away from what is technically the West Coast of Canada (ignoring that fact that there's a bloody great island between me and the open sea).[/quoteost_uid0]
I LIVE on that bloody great island. Â

Vancouver Island. It's bigger than Switzerland. And there's probably more cannabis on the island than Switzerland, too.

That's sorta funny because marijuana is legalized in Switzerland, but it isn't here.

Heh heh...?

I think 17's the farthest away, though. She's in Singapore.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 06-08-2003, 06:22 AM
Specifically, an altamato

Send a message via AIM to Saxamaphone Send a message via MSN to Saxamaphone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxamaphone

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Considering the double post, I think Nan's justified her point about the ganja.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]I'm in South East Asia. Isn't that pretty much on the other side of the globe from everybody else?[/quoteost_uid0]
It is from me. In general, Australia is on the other side, but I guess South East Asia is close enough. [/colorost_uid0]

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Old 06-08-2003, 10:20 PM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Cannabis is disgusting. :dead: And I for one am not stupid enough to use it.

See, while I was writing those emails, about 12 others were already posted that I never saw. Â :suspicious: Â :eyeroll:[/colorost_uid0]

Old 06-09-2003, 03:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to Saxamaphone Send a message via MSN to Saxamaphone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxamaphone

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeah, I totally agree - though I guess I don't really know - since I've never sampled it, but that's a road I don't really wanna start down.

LOL - this this board for ya Nan [/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-09-2003, 06:17 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I get high on caffeine, and caffeine alone. Is that a bad sign?

And no, I'm not an addict [/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-09-2003, 07:30 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Maybe she's talking from a teeth perspective?[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 06-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Insert canine joke here

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Teeth? What? Someone mention dentistry? ::looks around franticly::[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 06-10-2003, 12:53 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[quoteost_uid0="Saxamaphone"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeah, I totally agree - though I guess I don't really know - since I've never sampled it, but that's a road I don't really wanna start down.

LOL - this this board for ya Nan [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I've inhaled the smoke sidestream (I know some stoners). Makes you want to ralph, seriously.

People who refuse ot believe that pot can (and will) actually hurt you because they fancy themselves counter-culture or whatever deeply vex me.

Wannabe Hippies. They must all die. )[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-10-2003, 01:49 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Wannabe Hippies. They must all die. )[/quoteost_uid0]

I'll put them on The List. Â That can be your project between making movies extolling my glory.

Edit:
It has been determined that Israel is farther away from me than Nederlands. The jury is still out on Singapore, at least until I can find a world map that isn't split down the Pacific.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 06-10-2003, 07:42 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Aww, but I'm a wannabe hippie - but the kind that has a Save the Whales pin and a Give Peace a Chance patch on his messanger bag that was probably made in a sweatshop.

Well, OK - then I'm at par with you Nan, not enough to get a contact high though.

Sa'ar: One word -- globe (but, I'm guessing you don't have one )[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-10-2003, 08:54 AM
Surfin' you say?

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]It has been determined that Israel is farther away from me than Nederlands. The jury is still out on Singapore, at least until I can find a world map that isn't split down the Pacific. [/quoteost_uid0]
I have one. It's split at the atlantic. Which doesn't really help, I know. [/colorost_uid0]