The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Fiver By Committee
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 09:46 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]And here we go again with the month long hiatus....
:zzz:[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 02:13 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="taya17"]And here we go again with the month long hiatus....
:zzz:[/quoteost_uid0]
Seriously now, I've put out a bit of effort now and given my opinion. The least somebody could do is either comment on someone else's last offering or give us another suggestion. If everyone thought my last attempt wasn't worth commenting on, [iost_uid0]say[/iost_uid0] so and tell us what [iost_uid0]is[/iost_uid0] worth consideration.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 09-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Sorry 'bout that, NAHT. Mine own opinion is already back on the previous page - namely, that none of the options really caught my eye. With the possible exception of NeoMatrix's "pole" joke... I'm just iffy about the wording on that one, most of all because I really don't like stage directions. They completely break the flow. Maybe something like this?

[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] The lesson you should learn today is to always be alert, and-- watch out for that pole!
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Owwwww! Ow. Hey, wasn't it [iost_uid0]Agents[/iost_uid0] we were supposed to look out for?
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] First we must work on poles. Then Agents.

Given our lack of enthusiasm... I'd actually be in favor of just leaving this scene un-fived. Except that then everybody asks, "WHAT?! what about the woman in the red dress?!". Which I'm not sure the pole bit solves.

Of course, there's always the M&Ms...
[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis
Old 09-18-2003, 05:05 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It's all right, Standback. I did like a lot of the submissions we've seen, but I agree that no single block stands out from the rest for me. I think we should definitely include this scene, because it's got a lot of potential (as we've seen with all the variety so far).

I think I'll read ahead a little and see if I can get anything from that.

First, though, I'll throw this out there:

[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] You must face Agents, Neo. It is...your desstiny.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Stop that. You're scaring me.
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] Sorry. Want to chop off that woman's head and see someone else's face looking back at you?
[bost_uid0]Agent in a Red Dress:[/bost_uid0] Hey! Ix-nay on the opping-chay![/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 09-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Morpheus: The Matrix is a dangerous place. Anyone still plugged in can become an agent.
Neo: Hey look, its the hot chick in the red dress.
Morpheus: Careful Neo, she could be dangerous.
Neo: Nah, she looks so innocent.
Morpheus: The lesson you should learn today is to always be on the look out for....
*Neo runs into a pole*
Morpheus:...poles.
Neo: Poles? I thought it was umm...agents.
Morpheus: First we must work on the acting skills, then the agents.
Agent Smith: I'll be waiting over here eating lunch while you work on that.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Morpheus: Sorry. Want to chop off that woman's head and see someone else's face looking back at you?[/quoteost_uid0]

Shades of Dagobah...[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I like NAH's latest, the pole gag and the women in disguise one.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-19-2003, 07:55 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I like NAHs latest too.

It occurs to me that it would be a good idea for Zeke or Kira to set a deadline for these things, otherwise I get the feeling that this FBC is going to take a very long time indeed.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 09-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]It occurs to me that it would be a good idea for Zeke or Kira to set a deadline for these things, otherwise I get the feeling that this FBC is going to take a very long time indeed.[/quoteost_uid0]

I second the motion.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]And I third it. The lulls on these things are getting wayyy out of hand. At this rate, five sequels to the trilogy could be made and we still wouldn't have finished fiving the original. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-21-2003, 08:21 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]!!!!!!!

There. If that doesn't get Zeke's attention then nothing will.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 09-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:lol: Â Â :lol:
... But risky. [/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:05 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000ost_uid0]!!!!!!!

There. If that doesn't get Zeke's attention then nothing will.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]What makes you think I'm not paying attention? There are still about six million billion hojillion versions of the scene here with very few attracting notice; I've been waiting till one emerged that looked like it might get voted for. Anyway, Kira's about to post some candidates to move things along.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 09-22-2003, 02:26 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]All right... what I did was go through the thread and pick out the scenes that had been commented on by people other than the author. Â (Sorry folks, personal bias, although acceptable, doesn't count as a vote. ) Â Let's see if we can finish this thread off by voting on this short list. Â By which I mean ONE VOTE EACH. Â And let's try and refrain from voting for our own scenes (yes, myself included) -- so that means either abstain, or vote for someone else if you think theirs is better. Â However, I will go so far in my own favour as to point out that I'm the only one who fived the second scene, so it could be included with something else. )

[quoteost_uid0="Derek"][bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Woah! Check out that woman in the red dress.
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] You think she's a turn on, but really she'll turn on you.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] I'm okay with that.
[bost_uid0]Agent:[/bost_uid0] No, dummy, I'm an agent.[/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0="taya17"]
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] Agents are the most dangerous things here. But you don't have to worry about dealing with them, because you have the most powerful weapon in the history of this place in your arsenal.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] What?
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] Your old movies.[/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0="Standback"]
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] Neo! Don't look at the woman in the red dress?
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] What? Why not?
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] Because the red ones are my favourite![/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0="Kira"]
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] The most important thing about the Matrix, Neo, is to always be on your guard and never to be distracted by, say, extremely hot women in red dresses.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Hey! Â How come she's wearing a dress this time?
(She morphs into an Agent)
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Gyaa!
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] That's why.

[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] No one has ever defeated an Agent, Neo. Â They are extremely dangerous.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] How bad can it be? Â It's not like I'll ever have to fight a hundred of them at a time or something.[/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"]
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] You must face Agents, Neo. It is...your destiny.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Stop that. You're scaring me.
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] Sorry. Want to chop off that woman's head and see someone else's face looking back at you?
[bost_uid0]Agent in a Red Dress:[/bost_uid0] Hey! Ix-nay on the opping-chay![/quoteost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-22-2003, 02:58 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I vote for Taya17's.

(Who said "figures"? I happen to like it the best :P )[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-22-2003, 03:05 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]My vote is for Standback's "the red ones are my favorites."[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-22-2003, 04:12 AM
Transformed Man

[color=#000000ost_uid0]My vote goes for Kira's ("Why's she wearing a dress this time" if they're seperate; the vote remains even if they're meant to be taken together.)[/colorost_uid0]

Old 09-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Again, Kira's "a hundred at a time" one. I think it's much funnier than the first half of the excerpt, if you don't mind my saying so...[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I like Kira's first scene best, too, but 17's scene is actually the second scene (I think), so it could take the place of Kira's second.

So my vote goes to first Kira's first scene, and then 17's.

... To get things complicated. Sorry for that.[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[quoteost_uid0="catalina_marina"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I like Kira's first scene best, too, but 17's scene is actually the second scene (I think)[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]::: looks ::: Why, so it is. Good call. Well, then I guess we could mix and match, depending on how the votes stack up at the end.[/colorost_uid0]