The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

[quoteost_uid0="catalina_marina"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Hmm, you're right. I seem to recall something about holidays... [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]yes, vaguly[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-01-2003, 04:09 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]"I'm thinking of thinking of calling her right after my afternoon nap.
I'm thinking of thinking of sending her flowers right after Bonnie gets back.
So many fishes left in the sea.
So many fishies, but no one for meeeee...
I'm thinking of thinking of hooking a love soon after supper is done."
  -- G'Kar's song, "The Parliament of Dreams"[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 10-01-2003, 04:36 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Draal: On my first day here, I was annoyed to find a bug crawling on my nose. I almost blew out Babylon 51.
(general laughter)
Ivanova: Oh, we are going to go on, the series is going to continue.

(Found my blooper .wavs)[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-02-2003, 01:58 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Delenn: So, tell me of home, Lennier. I have been away far too long.
Lennier: Beatlemania is back!

Woot, NAH! Parliament of Dreams! Just for that I may forget that I have your death warrant signed... I just may.

:showers thread with Intense UV Radiation: MUaahahaha! Here's to Random Mutation! :shuts the p53 gene off and the thread develops hair cancer: MUaahahahaa![/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-02-2003, 03:49 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Bull from Night Court: What's this? A secret pocket? You've been holding out on me *agonisingly long pause* Boy, I bet there was supposed to be a data crystal in this really small pocket.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-02-2003, 04:11 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"]Bull from Night Court:[/quoteost_uid0]
Wow, its been a while since i've seen that show :O

oh and BTW: I head that this is Drier Vent Safety month.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 10-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]...And just like that, we come back around to holidays.

Now, for some reason I remember thinking that there was somebody in particular here who would especially be interested to know that October is [bost_uid0]National Sarcastics Month[/bost_uid0]. However, try as I might, I can't imagine who that would be. :S And I've got a feeling that there are people here who'll find [bost_uid0]Computer Learning Month[/bost_uid0], [bost_uid0]Adopt-a-Dog Month[/bost_uid0], and [bost_uid0]National Dessert Month[/bost_uid0] (any, er, cake lovers here, perhaps?) to be worth celebrating, but I'm kinda at a loss as to who I'm thinking of. Â Â

Today, October 2nd, is [bost_uid0]Name Your Car Day[/bost_uid0]. I haven't named my new car, but I gave my old clunky red Celebrity a name. I just forget what it was. It wasn't very complimentary, I'm sure of that much. Numerous irritating part failures, a lack of A/C, and an ignition-engine combo that had to be allowed to idle between one and two minutes if you didn't want it to conk out the first time you hit the brakes... :eyeroll:

Tomorrow (the 3rd) is National Virus Appreciation Day.

The 6th (next Monday) is German-American Day, and also Come and Take It Day.

The 7th of October will be National Frappe Day.

And the 9th will be [color=greenost_uid0]Moldy[/colorost_uid0] [color=orangeost_uid0]Cheese Day[/colorost_uid0].[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 10-02-2003, 07:42 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]My uncle (the 11-cat keeping, Simpsons-hating one) has a Lada named Blanche.

You'll never guess what colour it is.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 10-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]And I've got a feeling that there are people here who'll find Computer Learning Month, ... and National Dessert Month (any, er, cake lovers here, perhaps?) to be worth celebrating, but I'm kinda at a loss as to who I'm thinking of.[/quoteost_uid0]

Arrrgh. I [iost_uid0]technically[/iost_uid0] begin my math/comp science major this month, but only on the 27th. Next month would really be more appropriate. Could anyone look into that?

As for Dessert Month... does it [iost_uid0]have[/iost_uid0] to come when I'm on a diet? I mean, honestly. Twenty carefree and weightful year, and the moment I express the slightest interest in getting into (nonspherical) shape, they go and spring National Dessert Month on me? Sheesh. Though technically, I suppose, I'm the wrong nation anyway. They should really make it international.[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis
Old 10-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I should name my car, concitering the shape its in right now, nameing it after a redshirt would work.

[quoteost_uid0]Computer Learning Month[/quoteost_uid0]
Heehee thats me, im a computer geek in training

I'm also german american (along with almost everyone i know)

[quoteost_uid0]And the 9th will be Moldy Cheese Day[/quoteost_uid0]
Blue Cheese anyone? :dead:[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-03-2003, 12:57 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Woot! PHJ, your uncle had a Lada? We used to have an old, beat-up one (they stopped importing them to Singapore about 15 years ago so at that time the only ones available were about ten years old)... my sis and I called it the "Denterprise", but my parents called it the [iost_uid0]ti-ka chia[/iost_uid0], which bascially means "tank" in Hokkien. It was because we once got broadsided by a speeding drunk driver and only damage our car suffered was a dent in one of the side doors because the metal plating was so tough.

We have a Honda Accord 2.3 now that my sis christened "Kathryn"... but my favourite car is still the Toyota Previa we rented when we were in New Zealand... I called it "Aru" because it was part of its number plate. My sis and I took a photo with the car before we returned it... I still have the photo somewhere. Maybe I should upload it...

Edit: Woot! Post no. 1701! Whee Denterprise![/colorost_uid0]

Old 10-03-2003, 01:00 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I suppose you could call my car Rustbucket. The paint's about that colour, which means that the only way you can tell it's rusty is by looking at the holes.

Hey, 17, how come you're never on ICQ anymore? *pleading puppydog eyes*[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-03-2003, 01:12 AM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Hey, 17, how come you're never on ICQ anymore? *pleading puppydog eyes*[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Because I'm super busy and dying from overwork these couple of weeks, thats why.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-03-2003, 01:26 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I remember being busy...back when I had a reason to get up in the morning.

Other than my room vibrating, that is.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-03-2003, 02:18 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:blinks: Somehow, that just sounds... wrong. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-04-2003, 01:42 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]It was because we once got broadsided by a speeding drunk driver and only damage our car suffered was a dent in one of the side doors because the metal plating was so tough. [/quoteost_uid0]

That sounds like a Lada alright. If on the off-chance you ever meet my uncle, though, I wouldn't mention it to him - he'll only take it as a chance to regale you with other Lada stories deigned to make you see the light and realise what a superior car it is.[/colorost_uid0]

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 10-05-2003, 03:58 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]A car named after Lenin? Superior? Somehow, I think I need more convincing...[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-06-2003, 07:35 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

[color=#000000ost_uid0]For heavens sake, whatever you do, don't let him know that! Your only escape then would be to ask him about gardening. Shudder.[/colorost_uid0]

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 10-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0][iost_uid0]Gardening?[/iost_uid0] :shudders along with PHJ:[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-07-2003, 03:12 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:shudders with everyone::

This has turned into the shudder room[/colorost_uid0]