The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 02-19-2004, 06:42 AM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Nothing to say but this: This episode is the exact duplicate of "One" (Voyager), except this time, the doctor halucinates and the babe gets incapacitated. It's not normal how similar these episodes were. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]That's just Enterprise - I finally admit that I'd hate for it to disappear because it's actually going somewhere, and bam!, here comes the blech again.

I can't make fun of it. What joke are you going to crack when it senses all your wisecracks and throws itself into the mud puddle before you can push it in?

Bravo, Paramount. I salute you.

Gatac

(Yes, that's a Penny Arcade reference. Why do you ask?)[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Old 02-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Stupid trailer. The preview for this episode said something about "Phlox is the only one left on the ship and he's losing his mind!" So guess what? When I see T'Pol, I immediately know she's a hallucianation. I probably would've immediately known it anyway, but the trailer didn't even give me the satisfaction of figuring it out for myself.

Otherwise not a bad episode. Just cliched. Didn't really deserve to be a sweeps week episode.

Next week: DS9's "Dramatis Personae" all over again?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Guh? T'Pol was a halucination? Damn, I suppose she was. She never really did anything, or pushed any buttons. Hehe. I never thought of that. I just thought Phlox had another halucination in T'Pols quarters. That makes up for the cliche-part a little bit (not much, though.)[/colorost_uid0]

Old 02-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Did he not think of running scans on T'Pol to see if she was being effected?

Anyway, I thought the part about them trying to figure out how to get the warp engines online was funny.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, I liked it. It was a rip off of Voyager, but I was fooled a bit. At first I was like "Oh, T'pol... he must be hallucinating." but then he was acting the same and she was always with him, so i was like "Oh, maybe he isn't hallucinating her." Then at the end i was like "Arrgh you stupid writers!" and threw the remote. [/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 02-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Did he not think of running scans on T'Pol to see if she was being effected?[/quoteost_uid0]
That wouldn't have helped, he would just have hallucinated the results.

It does explain why they would travel a quarter of a lightyear in ten weeks at impuls, though.

Just one thing, since when does Phlox sleep? Didn't they spend a whole episode explaining Phlox sleeps only a few days a year?

I figured out T'Pol was a hallucination around the time she told Phlox to look something up she would have been able to tell her. Well, I suspected it then, it wasn't confirmed until she didn't do anything at all in engeneering.[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Heh. I suppose I'm just stupid then. But she could just have been affected by the radiation-field and forgotten everything.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-21-2004, 03:42 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, I thought this episode rocked. But it may have something to do with the fact that I never saw this "One" episode of which you speak. My only question is this: Did the anomaly really expand, or was that just a hallucination, too? On the same note, did Phlox really get the ship up to Warp 2 on his own, or was that a hallucination? I suppose that's two questions, but it makes more sense than antimatter radiat--GAK![/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Guest"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Did the anomaly really expand, or was that just a hallucination, too? On the same note, did Phlox really get the ship up to Warp 2 on his own, or was that a hallucination?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]1. I don't know if the anomaly expanded or not. My personal feeling is that it did, but who knows for sure?

2. Yeah, he really did get the ship to warp 2. At least, in other Star Treks, whenever they do establishing shots outside, that's to tell the viewer what's really happening. That's why in TNG's "Ship in a Bottle" and DS9's "Inquisition" they don't do exterior shots while the actors are in the holodeck since there technically isn't an exterior. They did show an exterior of the Enterprise at warp, so I think we have to assume that it did go to warp.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Either that or someone just really screwed up. [/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 02-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It's been known to happen. But I had forgotten about the exterior shot.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-23-2004, 02:34 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Arrgh. This was a really embarrassing week for [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0], and its advocates.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 02-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Insert canine joke here

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yet the Ratings go up.. wth?[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:19 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Maybe the word of mouth was really good after "Harbinger."

Or, then, perhaps not.[/colorost_uid0]