The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2024, 11:22 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Furthermore the name of the station would've made for an interesting six-parter. The Bajoran factions can't agree on a name and are offended every time the Starfleet crew calls the place Terok Nor. Kai Opaka would make more appearances, "dying" at the end and uniting the factions to agree on Starbase Opaka.

Have I mentioned lately how they tried to cram too much stuff into "Emissary"? Like way way WAY too much? Giving the various plots more room to breathe would've been a big improvement.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:07 AM

Who does "Captain Kirk" look like in this fanart? Cause that's definitely not Captain Kirk.

Of course you could argue the same for Superman and Wonder Woman as well. Only Spock looks like he should.

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old Today, 01:33 PM

Steve Shives made a video pondering which Trek character suffered the most.

PNQ: Opinions?

Traditionally we're supposed to say O'Brien, but he also makes a case for Kirk, Picard, Pike, Rok-Tank, Harry, and Worf.

It really depends on how you define "suffer". Are we considering physical or mental anguish? Are we considering the in-the-moment pain only or considering all of the fallout and recovery as well? Are we treating each instance as of equal suffering, or are we grading considering intensity or duration?

Upon thinking of it, I would put Picard's assimilation at the top. Physical and mental anguish during the assimilation itself, plus the torture of watching the battle of Wolf 359, plus the recovery. As he said in "Family", he fought back with everything he had and it wasn't enough.

If we're considering the character with the most continual back-of-the-mind simmering torture, you could certainly argue Worf.

Most intense, prolonged physical suffering? Probably Harry during his Species 8472 infection.

Old Today, 08:08 PM

We all know that the studio didn't like Number One from "The Cage", but there's still debate on whether it was Barret's performance or the fact that she was Gene's mistress that was the problem.

Today I found an article that says that one problem people had with her was that she was "pushy."

PNQ: Opinions?

This one surprised me. I understand other complaints like "annoying" or "too masculine" or "bad actress", but not "pushy".

I had a screed about how Barret's roles were written vs. her acting talent, but it wasn't really relevant and it was drifting into bashing territory.