The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 09-22-2019, 08:08 AM

Default RIP Aron Eisenberg

Quote:

StarTrek.com is saddened to report the passing of Aron Eisenberg, the beloved actor who portrayed Nog in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Quote:
It is with extreme regret and sadness to announce that my love and best friend, Aron Eisenberg, passed away earlier today.

He was an intelligent, humble, funny, emphatic soul. He sought to live his life with integrity and truth.

He was so driven to put the best he had into whatever work was put before him.

He lived his life with such vigor and passion. He was like a breath of fresh air, because I knew I would always hear the truth from him. Even if I didn't want to hear it and even if the truth was inconvenient.

He made me (and still makes me) want to be the best human I can possibly be, because he always strove to be the best human he could be.

His resilience and willingness to learn was and is an inspiration.

We didn't officially announce that we had eloped on December 28th, 2018.

We were hoping to have a big shindig in celebration of our nuptials, but had to wait to save up the money.

While, our marriage, on paper, was a short one. Our hearts had been married for far longer. I will be forever thankful for the time we had to love each other.

Five years felt like a lifetime, in the best possible ways.

There will never be another light like Aron's. The beauty that he was and the legacy he leaves behind is beyond words. I love him dearly and will miss him eternally.

At the moment I'm not sure how to do life without him... He is and always will be My California.
source: Malíssa Longo - It is with extreme regret and sadness to announce...

Eisenberg's wife, Malíssa Longo — confirmed on Facebook that he passed away today, on September 21, at the age of 50.

Eisenberg, described himself as "actor, filmmaker and proud father" and was a professional photographer who shot landscapes, concerts, corporate photography, portraits and more. Eisenberg's earliest credits included an episode of the series Straight Up, the TV movie Amityville: The Evil Escapes and the features The Horror Show, Playroom and Beverly Hills Brats, all in the late 1980s.

When he was cast as Nog, the producers told him nothing about the character, nor was he aware of how many episodes he'd be called upon to do. As he told StarTrek.com in a 2012 interview, "I thought every episode I was doing might be my last episode." Eisenberg ultimately played Nog in more than 40 episodes of DS9. He also portrayed Kar, the young Kazon-Ogla, in the Star Trek: Voyager episode “Initiations.”

On December 29, 2015, Eisenberg underwent a kidney transplant -- the second of his life. Quite miraculously, Eisenberg spent only four months on the waiting list before finding a match. That match? A friend named Beth Bernstein, who'd seen Eisenberg's Facebook post about needing a new kidney, offered to donate one of hers to him, and was a match for Eisenberg. "She is just so incredibly selfless to give to me like this," Eisenberg told StarTrek.com in 2015, "that words cannot express my gratitude to her."

Please join StarTrek.com in offering our condolences to Eisenberg's family, friends, colleagues and many fans.
source: Remembering Aron Eisenberg, 1969-2019

🌲link🌲tree🌲
Old 09-23-2019, 10:50 AM
But if you put the hammer in an elevator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
No! what a heartbreak.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 10-31-2019, 06:37 AM
The moron they built to make you an idiot

He will be missed.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:58 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

We lost D.C. Fontana and Rene Auberjonois, too.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 01-07-2020, 05:12 AM
The moron they built to make you an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAHTMMM View Post
We lost D.C. Fontana and Rene Auberjonois, too.
There was a STO memorial for Rene on the day it was announced. People gathered in the DS9 security office and talked about their favorite DS9 moments with him in it. It was touching.