The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 04-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]... to avoid certain anti-LJ sentiments that have developed in the other one.

Someone (i apoligise but i have a tarable memory and i can't remember who) broght up the idea of a LJ comunity in the IRC the other day. There seemed to be some intrest so i looked into crating one... it looks like we have a few things to consiter,

1) Name: Ideas? I was thinking something simple "5MV comunity" or something simmular, unless anyone has any other ideas.

2) Open or Closed membership. Should non forum members be aloud to post. if not it may encourage people to join the forums... i know there is at least one 5MV fan on LJ who is not regged here.

3)Sould non members be aloud to post. I think yes but if anyone else feels diffrently...

4) Moderation... I see no need for the posts to be moderated, but again if someone feels diffrently please state your case.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]1) The Fivers. Or 5MV Community, I'm cool with that, too.

2) Non-forum members should be allowed to join, but I'm not so sure about outsiders posting. No to 3).

4) No moderation. Unless we allow 3).

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Old 04-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ummm... please you are to be explaining to me, what is the purpose of this LJ Community? I understand that this is some kind of shared LiveJournal, yes? So... what the heck is it that we want to write about?

I mean, with all due respect, there's not [iost_uid0]that[/iost_uid0] much to say about 5MV. As it is, the 5MV Talk forum is usually near-silent, while most of the action is in "Miscellaneous," in "One by Three Story" and "Top 10 Lists." I have little to say to the world about 5MV other then, "Yo, it's cool! Also funny!" And the site itself expresses that quite well. Likewise, we hardly need a journal for changes to the site, when Zeke's already updating the news page daily.

So what's left? A "random thoughts from random people who happen to be 5MV forumgoers" LJ? Seems even more pointless than an individual one, IMHO.

At most, you may be able to lure one of the anti-LJers into haphazard, careless blogging (you evil people, you). Me, enough of my "free" time is sucked into 5MV as it is without me starting to write journal entries too, thankee very much.[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis
Old 04-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Find then you don't have to join, and you don't have to get an LJ.

However, I enjoy reading and writing random thoughts. If that is all the 5MV community is then fine, thatÂ’s good enough to me. Besides it is one more way to bring people to FMV. If people run a search for communities interested in Star Trek or Science Fiction or Parodies, one that will be returned is ours. And if it brings 5MV even one new reader, then it has certainly been worth it.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-09-2004, 01:20 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I don't think it's intended so much to be about 5MV as it is intended to be a sort of a get-together area for 5MVers, Standback. [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 04-09-2004, 04:06 AM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]NAHT.... pssssst.... don't look now, but... you're [iost_uid0]in[/iost_uid0] a sort of a get-together area for 5MVers. 8|[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis
Old 04-09-2004, 04:52 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, but if you go to a game with your friends, you don't generally sit all over the stadium (unless one of you tends to embarrass the others or something). You usually try to sit together.

I'm not quite sure what a community would entail actually :S but presumably there's some point to it...[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 04-09-2004, 04:55 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0][iost_uid0]Standback[/iost_uid0] - Me, enough of my "free" time is sucked into 5MV as it is without me starting to write journal entries too, thankee very much. [/quoteost_uid0]

Another One Who Opposes The LJ!

Seems like we`ll have to create an LJ for you too, Standback... Take a look at Sa`ar`s, and fear... 17, Cat, let`s get to work! Mwahahah! [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 04-09-2004, 05:26 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It was me who brought that idea up. And after thinking about it, we dont really need an LJ community if we have the forums, well Zeke said that.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, regardless of the necessity of forming an LJ/FMV meta- or sub-community, I liked the idea of having a ready-made set of friends when I started my own LJ for reasons that only partly coincided with the FMV campaign. So it's all good.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-10-2004, 03:50 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I`m siding with the Resistance on this one... we really don`t need 5MV community (since we`re in one right now) on LiveJournal, and private LJs alone are crazy enough...

But I`m still sticking with the original plan of getting LJs for all who oppose them, starting with the new resistance leader, Standback, [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 04-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I second the no-LJ-community-neccessary thing. Since Neo, the originator of the idea, has already thought it superfluous, I see no point in creating such a community now...[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Okiedoky no biggie[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-28-2004, 02:52 AM
Suuuuuper genius

Send a message via AIM to MaverickZer0 Send a message via MSN to MaverickZer0 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickZer0

[quoteost_uid0="Nic Corelli"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0][iost_uid0]Standback[/iost_uid0] - Me, enough of my "free" time is sucked into 5MV as it is without me starting to write journal entries too, thankee very much. [/quoteost_uid0]

Another One Who Opposes The LJ!

Seems like we`ll have to create an LJ for you too, Standback... Take a look at Sa`ar`s, and fear... 17, Cat, let`s get to work! Mwahahah! [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm running... :lol:

And I know this sounds weird from me, but, it sounds like an okay idea. I only say this because the Irc chat is barely ever there anymore.

(Standback...I've distracted them...run! Run for your life!)[/colorost_uid0]

No, I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to go and do it anyway.

*pokes avatar* Made by a good LJ friend. Thanks Ani!

Dark Blues: I'm going to kill you!
Enzan: Not if I kill me first!
Dark Blues: You...are aware my goal is accomplished either way, right?
Enzan: ...Yeah...