The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2004, 12:52 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default October 27

Okay, this time I really am back. I'm sorry I've let the daily-updates thing slip this month. It's the result of my usual procrastination coupled with certain other factors (it's midterm season, for example, and I've had a vojillion of them to mark this week). So after the real news of today's update, I'll be giving a roundup of some of the items I would have posted on this page over the last couple of weeks.

The real news: Fiver By Committee is back! After five months of downtime, our popular forum-based project is now active again, with three new blocks for readers to work on. Since it's been so long since FBC has been mentioned on this page, I'll give a summary of what it's about: Fiver By Committee is your chance to contribute to a new fiver without writing the whole thing yourself. I post a synopsis of a scene in the FBC forum, and anyone who wants to can suggest a fiver version of that scene. After all the suggestions are out there, readers vote on which one is used in the final fiver. (I don't contribute myself, and I usually don't vote either, but the other staffers often take part.) We're currently about three quarters of the way through The Matrix. If you've ever wanted to try writing a fiver, give FBC a shot -- if nothing else, it's good practice.

And now the roundup:
    [*]I'm sure a lot of you are wondering what's up with Five-Minute Enterprise. I have a small S4 problem which is addressed in this thread, so until I get that resolved, my S4 fivers will have to wait. However, I intend to finish S3 pretty much right away. I've known for months how I'm going to do these episodes -- and I guarantee it won't be what you expect. Stay tuned for "Azati Prime."[*]One of the greatest online comics I've ever had the pleasure of reading just ended. After seven years of brilliant writing and art, It's Walky! is now over. The author isn't done with webcomics, but I'll truly miss this one. Read the archives to find out why -- I guarantee it'll be time well spent.[*]I've been avoiding TripHammered lately for fear of spoilers, but you shouldn't.[*]Anyone else wish ENT's cast and crew, and reviewers, and commentators, and passers-by, would quit making such a point of saying that Season 4 will likely be the last? We know that, guys -- so why keep dwelling on it and making it even more likely to happen? UPN won't even wonder whether to renew the show if everyone keeps talking like it's over already. Yeesh.[*]If you have a Game Boy Advance, go buy Mega Man Zero 3. It's even better than the first two, which is saying something.[*]If you click on only one of my links this year -- this millennium -- make it Bonus Stage. It's a series of Flash cartoons, and without question the funniest I've ever seen. Funnier than Homestar Runner. Funnier than Stick Death. Funnier, God help us, than Bananaphone. But don't take my word for it -- or LeVar Burton's. Find out for yourself.[/list]I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but if so, I'll post it tomorrow. Because there'll be an update tomorrow! In which I post things! What a concept! (I could use a little fuel myself, and we could all use a little chaaaaaaaaaange....)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction