The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Old 06-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Halfway through our celebrations, here's today's material:
    [*]Derek Dean brings us the next DS9 Mirror Universe episode with Five-Minute "Shattered Mirror"[*]Marc Richard also makes a contribution in his own section with Five-Minute "Remember Me"[*]One of my favorite [iost_uid0]X-Files[/iost_uid0] episodes happens to have an A/U theme, so here's Five-Minute "4-D", by me[*]And finally, our newest staff member tries his hand at our feature with Sleapers, part 4. Â Come to think of it, Derek's stand-alone tendency for bad puns means it's probably a good thing we didn't try to have a guess-the-author contest this year...[*]Speaking of last year's constest, now seems as good a time as any to announce what we've devised this year. Â It's not a contest, per say -- more like a game. Â Firstly, there is at one cameo per part by a guest author or a forumgoer. Â Some of the cameos are much better hidden than others, and I doubt any one forumgoer would be able to guess them all without putting their heads together with at least one other person. Â (You're welcome to try.) Â This isn't an official contest, just something to entertain you in the forums. Â (So don't bother emailing your guesses to any of us.) Â Secondly, in part 1, IJD mentions that we've been to at least thirty worlds, by his count. Â Well, we've dropped subtle and not-so-subtle references to places we've "sleaped" to throughout each part so you can try counting (and listing) all the worlds. Â I'm curious to see whether anybody can get them all. Â Hopefully you'll all have as much fun figuring these things out as we had putting them in.[/list][/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-18-2003, 05:04 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, I've got all the cameos, so far. I'll have to go back and check on the worlds thing. Another good batch from all.

Marc, liked these:
[quoteost_uid0]
Crusher: Computer, viewscreen on.
Computer: Why?
Crusher: Because the truth is out there.
Computer: Very well -- viewscreen on. What does the truth look like?
Crusher: Disturbingly like the inside of a very large ping-pong ball.
--------
Computer: The spherical universe we occupy is collapsing. Its periphery has just obliterated the forward edge of the ship's saucer section.
Crusher: Does that mean that Ten-Forward is now the Restaurant at the End of The Universe?
Computer: Very well put.
[/quoteost_uid0]Heh. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Seeing what's out there
Former Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]>> Mirror Garak: This just in: Kira's always evil. <<

Now that's what I call a multi-layered joke. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Crusher: But we do have one! Either that or I've gone completely mad!
Troi: Don't be so categorical. You may simply have gone partially mad.
Crusher: That does [iost_uid0]not[/iost_uid0] make me feel better.[/quoteost_uid0]
I like the Restaurant at the end of the Universe too.

[quoteost_uid0]Reyes: I'm telling you, there has to be some kind of mistake. John was with me.
Scully: I think you've misunderstood the whole "Agent Doggett has been shot" situation -- it's the shooter who needs an alibi, not the victim.
Follmer: The bullet that shot Doggett came from an FBI weapon, possibly belonging to someone in this room whose initials are M. R.
Reyes: But it couldn't have been me! I was with John when he was shot!
Scully: You really do have trouble with the concept of an alibi, don't you?[/quoteost_uid0]
Great scene.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]My favorite parts were

[quoteost_uid0]Crusher: Computer, viewscreen on.
Computer: Why?
Crusher: Because the truth is out there.
Computer: Very well -- viewscreen on. What does the truth look like?
Crusher: Disturbingly like the inside of a very large ping-pong ball.
Crusher: Does that mean that Ten-Forward is now the Restaurant at the End of The Universe?
Computer: Very well put.[/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0]Doggett: Freeze, dirtbag!
Lukesh: By "freeze," do you mean "vanish into thin air and reappear behind me"?
Doggett: No, I mean --
Lukesh: (poof) Too late.
Follmer: The bullet that shot Doggett came from an FBI weapon, possibly belonging to someone in this room whose initials are M. R.
Reyes: But it couldn't have been me! I was with John when he was shot!
Scully: You really do have trouble with the concept of an alibi, don't you?
Reyes: There's only one possible explanation for this: a government conspiracy. No, wait, aliens. No, wait, super-soldiers. No, wait --
Doggett: (Parallel universes?)
Reyes: Of course! That explains everything! It's a government conspiracy to send super-soldiers to parallel universes to hide evidence of aliens!
Doggett: (Or you imagining things)
Reyes: Klingons do not imagine things!
Lukesh's Mother: And what's this score sheet that says "Lukesh 2, FBI 0"?
Lukesh: Here, let me update that. (writes on the sheet)
Lukesh's Mother: "Lukesh 3, FBI 0, Mom 0"? I don't underst-- GAK!
Reyes: A minor technicality. Do you have a better plan?
Skinner: Yes, but the ninjas won't be here until Tuesday.[/quoteost_uid0]

[quoteost_uid0]Zeke: But we're on a different world! And he might not even be a Sheriff on this world. He might just be some loser who practically lives on the internet and makes bad math jokes.[/quoteost_uid0]
:O [iost_uid0]OUCH![/iost_uid0] :lol:^3
[quoteost_uid0]Dean: Stop that. I ought to bring all four of you up on charges of battery for throwing that metal object at me.
Marc: Would those be positive or negative charges?
[/quoteost_uid0]

Great work, everyone! [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 06-18-2003, 03:41 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]By the way, it still says "Through the Looking Glass" on the front page where it should say "Shattered Mirror".

What I've read so far is very funny by the way. I think I'm well on the way to a fatal laughter-induced death.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 06-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Fixed, thanks PHJ. So much for my one-day streak of error-free updates. :eyeroll:[/colorost_uid0]