The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 05-19-2004, 10:49 PM
5MAwwwwww

Send a message via AIM to admiral sab Send a message via Yahoo to admiral sab

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm excited, but I don't want to get my hopes TOO high up. I am sooo excited about the renewal. Question: If it moves to Friday, is it a good or bad thing?

Personally, I like Fridays, because nothing else is on (IMO) besides While You were Out and Clean Sweep. (Yes I am that big a dork!). Plus, on Wednesday's I go to church so I usually have to record the show and I like to watch it live. I like to sit during the commercial break and wonder... woah with 15 minutes left HOW are they going to do it?

Sab[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Previously, it would be a bad thing, since there's no school after Friday, but now we can download as much as we want at home. YAY![/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:05 PM
5MAwwwwww

[color=#000000ost_uid0]that's right we'll have to wait til Friday or the weekend to download episodes... not that *I* download episodes, but the theifs and bad people that *do* do it will have to wait. heh.

man. I wonder if Canada will still get them a day ahead?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]^ They did this week, iinm, after missing a few weeks. Not sure how a move to Friday would affect it.[/colorost_uid0]

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)
Old 05-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Zuh? To my knowledge, we haven't been getting early episodes all season. I know because I was extremely displeased to find that my source of Tuesday Enterprise, A Channel out of Edmonton, had wussed out to giving them on Wednesdays this season. (And they've also preempted it for the last two weeks in favor of the Bachelor, causing me to accidentally miss "The Council" last week. Grrrrr. Down with reality television.)

I'm not sure about Fridays for Enterprise. On the one hand, I would think it's bad because Fridays aren't usually a night for people to sit at home and watch t.v. On the other hand, we [iost_uid0]are[/iost_uid0] talking about Trekkies here. Heh heh heh.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]not that *I* download episodes, but the theifs and bad people that *do* do it will have to wait.[/quoteost_uid0]
I'm not bad! It's just that, the fools over here are still broadcasting season one. (Or so I think. I haven't checked on it for, well, a long time.) If they would keep up with the US, I'd be more than happy to watch it on TV. I don't [iost_uid0]hate[/iost_uid0] subtitles you know. But they're leaving me no choice.[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:51 PM
5MAwwwwww

[color=#000000ost_uid0]lol I was kidding about the bad thing... cause I download them too. Well I did until I got cable and could watch the things without all the fuzziness and haze! For awhile I was wondering if it was snowing on the Enterprise, but then that only happens on SB1! (BTW that's a total inside joke. Only few will get.)

oh and they did have day ahead last night because the BBS had day ahead pics! I already know too much about tonight's episode!

Sab[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-20-2004, 01:54 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="Kira"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Zuh? To my knowledge, we haven't been getting early episodes all season. I know because I was extremely displeased to find that my source of Tuesday Enterprise, A Channel out of Edmonton, had wussed out to giving them on Wednesdays this season.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I may be confusing things. Saw a post yesterday about the satellite feed (C-band? something like that) resuming after not having been working for a time. I guess that doesn't automatically lead to it being available on the Edmonton broadcast channel.[/colorost_uid0]

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)
Old 05-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Lone Ranger

Location: Where it's cold in winter and hot in summer, yet not warm in spring.

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]I guess that doesn't automatically lead to it being available on the Edmonton broadcast channel[/quoteost_uid0]

Nor does it lead to it being available on the Calgary channel. Stupid A-Channel. I haven't had it early this entire season, I believe that they changed it in order to slow down pirating, but I'm not sure. Oh well.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-20-2004, 03:21 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Congratulations, [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0]! No show on TV better deserved another season. If only one of my three favourite shows could have been renewed, I'd have chosen you.

And unfortunately, it looks like only one [iost_uid0]could[/iost_uid0] be renewed....[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 05-20-2004, 03:39 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[quoteost_uid0="Hotaru"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Nor does it lead to it being available on the Calgary channel. Stupid A-Channel. I haven't had it early this entire season, I believe that they changed it in order to slow down pirating, but I'm not sure. Oh well.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeah, I think they must have gotten pressure to shove it back to Wednesday. It's possible they played it on another night last week (and this week), I didn't look.

(And speaking of Calgary... WOO HOO, Flames are going to the cup! 3-1 with the last goal soaring into an empty net at 0.2 seconds left. Mwahahaha.)[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hey now. I download enterprise, but I also watch it at night too. So you can't fault me for that. Now the movies and music that I download as well.. well that you can fault me for. ^_~[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 05-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Man, I'd love to watch Enterprise on TV. But I can't wait for German TV to get their act together, so I download the new episodes. Put a DVD out, I'd buy it. Strongarm my stations into airing it, I'd watch it. D'you hear that, powers that be? You can make money off me! Just sell me something!

Grr.

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Old 05-20-2004, 09:35 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I suppose I'm moderately happy that ENT is coming back for another season. I enjoy the show, sure, but I don't think I'll ever be able to fully consider it as being [iost_uid0]Star Trek[/iost_uid0].

Speaking of downloading, I think I may have to resort to that too. Channel 4 have for some reason stopped showing it alltogether (infuriatingly just before the end of season two), and the only alternative is Sky One, who are about half a season ahead of where C4 was, which is really no alternative. Plus I really don't like Sky. They have the third season of [iost_uid0]24[/iost_uid0] exclusively (the Beeb couldn't afford to pick it up for the asking price), and what they basically do is on the day of the episode give away the [iost_uid0]entire plot[/iost_uid0] for the episode in the promos, plot twists and all. You don't have to even watch the show (and I'm not, incodently) to know what's going on. Idiots. :eyeroll:[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 05-20-2004, 09:49 PM
5MAwwwwww

[color=#000000ost_uid0]LOL the way I justify downloading the eps is because I have contributed a WHOLE lot of money to Rick Berman and the Trek Universe. I have probably over the years bought him a car. Anyone with the complete set of Season One Voyager Mugs should be allowed to download the episodes for free!I don't keep them anyways, if I had a DVD burner on my computer it might be another story, BUT I don't! lol[/colorost_uid0]