The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 03-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

I just saw the new Ep III trailer in front of "Robots" (Robin Williams, please stop!).

It looks like there's a lot of action, and that it will bridge the gap (the poster art looks kinda like the original Star Wars posters), but I can't imagine any form of Ep III that Lucas could make that would make everyone happy. If no one's throwing collectables at the screen at the end, he's ahead.

I was amused to hear that a famous director friend of Lucas's suggested he hire a dialog coach for Ep III, since there would be a lot of important dialog and Lucas is always so busy he doesn't have much time for the actors (read: Lucas can't work with actors)...

Best part of the trailer: (a) no Jar Jar and (b) only one Threepio line. I used to love Threepio but he got SO ANNOYING in the last movie ("I'm beside myself!"). Maybe he'll be calmer for this one, with all the pathos. Fortunately Ian McDiarmid, Samuel Jackson and Christopher Lee will probably save the movie.

Speaking of bridging the gap--Gee, Padme's cinnamon-bun hairdo sure looks familiar...!