The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 04-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Can I just say.. OMG they explained T'Pols emotions! The writers actualy explained it! This episode was good. Enterprise just keeps getting better and better. I'm sitting on my seat right now just waiting for the next episode to begin. I compair this to DS9's last season, and *no* other Season 3 of any other series could have ever hoped to hold a candle to that accomplishment.

Wowee, keep it comin Enterprise. [/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 04-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeah. I really liked Damage too. I had assumed that T'Pol was being affected by that AIDS-metaphor disease, but the fact that she's shooting up on Trellium-D was a pretty neat explanation too.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 12:52 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

[color=#000000ost_uid1]:O And i missed it, and then i missed it again. *Crys*

.... hey i show up on the online list now.[/colorost_uid1]
Old 04-26-2004, 04:09 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]DAMN what an episode. Not even DS9 went this far into the realm of "good characters forced to do evil things." This season just gets better and better.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 04-26-2004, 05:31 AM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Indeed. But how will Archer be remembered after a bit more of this?

Janeway would rather have the Earth explode than steal something. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 03:17 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Excuse me? Need I remind you who was the [iost_uid0]last[/iost_uid0] Starfleet captain to make a daring mission to steal some kind of warp coil? What's the opposite of "bright," and what's another word for "boundary"?

I've already got my blurb for this one, by the way. "It's like 'Equinox,' except Ransom wins."[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 04-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I hated Equinox though. Damage was a lot better episode, even if it was similar to Equinox.[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 04-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I can't beleve i let my self miss it! TWICE! *crys again* I had been looking forward to it since Azati Prime, and i missed it.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Excuse me? Need I remind you who was the [iost_uid0]last[/iost_uid0] Starfleet captain to make a daring mission to steal some kind of warp coil? What's the opposite of "bright," and what's another word for "boundary"?

I've already got my blurb for this one, by the way. "It's like 'Equinox,' except Ransom wins."[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I suppose. But those were the Borg. And the Federation and the Borg are at war. Formal declaration or no.

This was an innocent and seemingly friendly race.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Zeke"]Excuse me? Need I remind you who was the [iost_uid0]last[/iost_uid0] Starfleet captain to make a daring mission to steal some kind of warp coil?[/quoteost_uid0]

Pfft, from the Borg.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yay for junkie T'Pol. I'm almost, *almost* at the point where I'm thinking "Ya know, in Enterprise, this could actually have consequences..."

'prise keeps working it's way up the ladder; the latest string of episodes have all been quite good, and yeah, it's one hell of a third season for a Trek series. It might be because it's kind of skimming the line to cancellation, but if that's what it takes...

Renew Enterprise on a per-season basis! Keep the producers on their toes!

The similarity to Dark Frontier is kinda non-existant, even if the plot details sound alike...gotta agree with Kira, stealing from the Borg doesn't really count. As for Equinox, well, at least Archer didn't kill anyone for it. Still, purposefully near-stranding a ship full of friendly, reasonable people is pretty evil. Actually, that could be a reason to explain away Archer's exploits never being mentioned - he gets so carried away with his mission that he's considered dangerously unstable. Doing what needs to be done, but at terrible cost and ultimately being a cast-out, rogue element - that would be fresh. Dramatic. Archer, the tragic hero? I can see it, and it's beautiful.

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Old 04-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm not saying I disagree with Archer completely. He's trying to save his planet. The Equinox just wanted to get home. It's quite different. And Archer didn't kill these aliens. He just stole an antimatter injector (or something.)

Damn, they'd better not think of some medical reason why he's doing these things. It's ok for T'Pol. She's Vulcan and we've seen her do things totally out of character. Tuvok's lived among humans, and he's still all Vulcan. I'm glad they gave this explanation about T'Pol. Not for Archer though. That would ruin a lot of good work.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I sure hope they got their "Ha! Alien influence, suckers!" groove out with Hatchery. Which, as I believe I have stated before, would have greatly benefitted from removing this measly plot detail and have Archer decide to help those hatchlings for real.

Although - since Trek seems to find these kind of kinks with unerring precision, should I be worried that Archer's going to end up making a tough choice every last episode?

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Old 04-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yes, I also thought of Hatchery while typing my post. Which is strange, because in Hatchery Archer turned into the opposite of what he's becoming now. He was willing to commit lots of resources to save Xindi, putting the mission in jeapardy.

That's why I disagree with you. Archer is supposed to do whatever is nessesary to save Earth, even if he has to die/kill for it. Archer helping these eggs by his own free will would not have fit in with this, I think.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Personally, I'm glad they had that twist in "Hatchery." My first reaction when Archer started acting weird (well... more so than usual, anyways) was "Pffft, this is stupid." Then I remembered him getting squirted with goo and realized he was being manipulated. He was a little too over the top for it to have been convincing without him being under some kind of influence.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-27-2004, 03:39 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I dunno. If the Xindi knew a human had taken care of the hatchery, it might've been worth diplomacy points.

Or not. *shrug*[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-28-2004, 03:16 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I did like this episode. I seriously could have done without the shower scene, but I'm sure I know some people who would disagree with me. I'm just not sure how I feel about the T'Pol/junkie storyline... I wish they would have had it be her Pa'nar syndrome, which they haven't mentioned all season, but I can't help but think my view is slightly colored from inadvertantly reading a spoiler on Skiffy's site that told, without warning, of T'Pol's trel-d addiction. Such thoughts as "wow, that's dumb" may have flitted across my conciousness at that point. I might be coming off as slightly basher-y here, and if I am I apologize. These were just my problems with the ep, I liked most everything else. "Men's evils live in brass, his virtues we write in water" and all that.

First post... hope it was slightly productive.[/colorost_uid0]
And become EVIL!
Old 04-28-2004, 03:21 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Even with out seeing the episode i can tell you that i could do with out the shower scene.

Welcome to the madness, Sweetclover. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-28-2004, 03:38 AM
Former Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm not a big fan of the whole "T'Pol is on Trellium-D" twist, myself. Perhaps I just haven't been paying close enough attention. Maybe I just ascribed T'Pol having too many emotions to the stupidity of the same people that have brought us the decon chamber and female Pon Farr. Either way, I hadn't really noticed her going wonky and this felt like it really came out of the blue.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="sweetclover"][color=#000000ost_uid0]First post... hope it was slightly productive.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Oh, you'll do. *waves to [bost_uid0]sweetclover[/bost_uid0]

Didn't recognize you without your Kes avatar.[/colorost_uid0]

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)