The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Old 08-03-2011, 02:56 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default August 2: TJILC #3

Big news today! As many of you know, the government has lately been embroiled in a fierce dispute that threatens to kill us all -- or worse, make us pay attention to economics. Both sides recently made their cases to the public, and This Just In was on the scene. We're proud to bring you Live Coverage #3: The replication-limit war.

(Note: Pixel-editing a picture of Soval is exactly as much fun as you think it is.)

(Note 2: Oh yeah, I said "details later" last update. There isn't much to tell; site stuff got derailed again, but the anniversary event is still on and will be concluded as soon as I can manage.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 PM
But if you put the hammer in an elevator...

I generally don't agree with your politics, Zeke, but this was a nice mash-up of various Trekiverse bits. Plus anytime "the book" gets bashed with sheer logic it's good for a laugh.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
We all know the Klingons are a reasonable people; moreover, they can no longer strike at will now that we have moved their homeworld so much farther away
I found this absurdly hilarious. Ahhh, retcons.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Fantastic stuff, Zeke.

Quote:
I hope you will all keep him in your non-denominational prayers to a vaguely defined secular entity who probably doesn't exist. If you can't think of one, just choose something big. Personally, I pray to the centre of the galaxy.

Quote:
A civilized government has no use for scare tactics.

Now let me be clear: if I don't get this increase passed, your entire family will die.
Whee!

Quote:
Before I address the specific points of President Archer's speech, it is incumbent on me to acknowledge that I did not actually watch it, since I was busy rehearsing my own.
Zing!

Quote:
And announcing a new title halfway through a book is unprofessional at best.
*has to think about this for a while*

Quote:
Something called corbomite that General Reed refuses to disclose any details about.
Hee.

Quote:
A fleet of 100 ships could never reach our borders undetected, and that number is in any case a groundless, unscientific guess. According to the Vulcan Science Directorate's far more methodical analyses, the president's experts are overestimating by at least 6.
Plus/minus .003, I'm sure.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Infinitely prolonged

Good stuff, as always, Zeke.

I'd like to quote it all, but as that would make for a really long post, I'll settle for this:

Quote:
We have tried and will continue to try, but the fact is, non-Federation races have consistently refused to give us stuff for free.
Very funny.

So were the Breaking Bad fiver and Ten Little Comedians part 4, by the way. I read them, but I don't think I ever got around to commenting on them.

Candace: (gasp) The square root of 'soon' is 'never'!

The Doctor: It was all in the job title: Head of human resources.
Lance: This time, it's personnel.

To God be the glory. ><>
Old 08-27-2011, 08:08 PM
What, no 47?

I agree with all the above posters. Acerbically witty and very entertaining, as usual, Zeke. Can't wait to read more of the anniversary stuff. Oh and btw any word on when my DS9 fiver for Let He Who is Without Sin might be posted? (assuming it still will be, I hope..)

Leif

Tags
let me be clear, live coverage, tji