The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2003, 02:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wonko The Sane Send a message via AIM to Wonko The Sane Send a message via MSN to Wonko The Sane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]"Message in a bottle" - In a nutshell

Voyager, season 4, episode 14:

Seven uses an alien subspace communication network to make contact with an experimental starfleet vessel. Since conventional subspace transmissions will not reach the vessel, the doctor is sent through the comm network to the ship (USS Prometheus). On arrival, the doctor finds out the ship has been taken over by Romulans, and the entire crew is dead. The doctor activates the experimental EMH mark 2 to help him. Romulans use cool 3-piece seperation (Multi-Vector-Assault-Mode) to destroy a pursuing federation vessel. In the meantime, Seven makes first contact with the Hirogen. Doc and EMH2 take control of the Prometheus from the Romulans. Romulan warbirds attempt to get the ship back. 3 additional starfleet vessels attempt to destroy the Prometheus. All ends well.

This was the first time Voyager made contact with the Alpha Quadrant, and arguably the best episode of the series.[/colorost_uid0]

Bears are crazy, they\'ll bite your head off if you\'re wearing steak on it.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:36 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Captain Galactic"][color=#000000ost_uid0]On another note entirly, just out of curiousity, is "The Arsenal of Freedom" taken?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I happen to know from personal experience that it is (I tried to request it and found it was already called).

Also, except by mere happenstance, there's no way I or anyone else know what's been called. Read the FAQs. Any Original Series fivers are requested through IJD. Any Next Generation fivers go through Marc. Anything else goes through Zeke. They're the people you want to talk to if you want to write fivers. Asking on the boards is futile.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 03:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wonko The Sane Send a message via AIM to Wonko The Sane Send a message via MSN to Wonko The Sane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:::Smacks himself for not reading FAQs:::

Well, that solves all my problems right there!
:suspicious:[/colorost_uid0]

Bears are crazy, they\'ll bite your head off if you\'re wearing steak on it.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:40 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Of course, Wonko, all this shouldn't necessarily discourage you from writing fivers for your own amusement. Like the song says, um...er...summat about pleasing yourself and a truck... :S...never mind. I don't expect to see all the freelancers I write published in my lifetime (some of them not at all), but I still laugh at the in-jokes. And it beats a lot of other stuff that's out there, like doing drugs or picking a fight with your linebacker brother or going to Brat Pack concerts. :dead:[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 04-01-2003, 04:11 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Anything else goes through Zeke. [/quoteost_uid0]

DS9 stuff seems to be Kira's domain.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 05:27 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Technically, DS9 is my domain, but [iost_uid0]everything[/iost_uid0] is Kira's domain to some extent.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 04-01-2003, 05:42 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hey, Kira or Zeke, do you still have me down to do Darkling? I am still working on it. Are there any Star Trek NG episodes that are still available?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 05:45 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yep, I've still got you for that one. And like Derek said (he's been well trained, as you can see) ask Marc if you have a particular episode in mind. (Getting him to list all available eps wouldn't be a very nice thing to do. )[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 03:48 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, it's now April the 1st and I've noticed that there is something distinctly odd about the front page....

Must just be a coincidence.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 04-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Front page? Something is decidedly odd about the whole site.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 04:29 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It must be Zuke's doing - I just can't see Zeke willingly adding all those multiple question and exclamation marks.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 04-01-2003, 05:20 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Oh, I'm going to kill her.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 04-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Seeing what's out there
Former Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]>> On another note entirly, just out of curiousity, is "The Arsenal of Freedom" taken?

I happen to know from personal experience that it is (I tried to request it and found it was already called). <<

Yes, I can confirm that it's already reserved.

>> Are there any Star Trek NG episodes that are still available?

ask Marc if you have a particular episode in mind. <<

Yup, that's the best thing to do. The list of free episodes is in a constant state of flux, so asking me directly about the current availability of a particular show would be best. If you want to be efficient, you could even ask me about several potential shows at once (up to five at a time), so that I can check them all at the same time; if any are free, I'll then ask you to pick one as the show you'd like to work on. At the moment, there are about 60 or so unclaimed Next Gen episodes. Note that all the two-parters are reserved for Zeke, so you don't need to inquire about those.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 05:55 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Zeke"]Oh, I'm going to kill her.[/quoteost_uid0]
*hysterical giggling*

Incidentally, just where are these alleged multiple marks situated? I haven't seen any (maybe I just didn't realize it, I dunno)... :S[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 04-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Um, just about everywhere I've looked has it. Maybe you should reload the page to make sure you have the most current copy. Then check out the TOS or DS9 index pages. "Who Mourns for Morn???" "Who Mourns for Adonais???" "Is There in Truth No Beauty???"[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 06:51 PM
Hello, John

Send a message via Yahoo to FatMatDuhRat

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It appears that the Homepage for [bost_uid0]5MV[/bost_uid0] has become all
[bost_uid0][iost_uid0]Ska-Rewy[/iost_uid0][/bost_uid0] in honor of [bost_uid0]All Fools Day[/bost_uid0]... unless this
is just a new attempt to severely mess w/all us loyal fans.
:dead: :smile:[/colorost_uid0]
Do you think neural clones go to heaven? --John Crichton, Incubator (EP#3-11)
Old 04-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]It appears that the Homepage for 5MV has become all
Ska-Rewy in honor of All Fools Day... [/quoteost_uid0]

No, this is the Five-Minute Voyager page from the Mirror Universe.

How do I know? I'm the mirror Sa'ar Chasm. You can call me Earnest.

The real Sa'ar? Or don't worry about him. He's entertaining the Intendant.

[bost_uid0]Intendant:[/bost_uid0] He wishes![/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[quoteost_uid0="Derek"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Then check out the TOS or DS9 index pages.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]My personal favorite is "Q Who???".

(Incidentally, not that I'm claiming responsibility for this atrocious incident, it's all the fivers and all the season pages in every series, not just TOS and DS9. )[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-01-2003, 08:59 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I was looking through one of the actual fivers in this update and saw nothing, hence my confusion.

By the way, looks like whoever-it-was goofed up on "Yesteryear". One of those blank boxes that those of us who wade through the special characters option in Word know so well. [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

Old 04-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Oh, I'm going to kill her.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]No kill her! Bad Zeke! Bad!!!!

bwuahahaha Oh thanks guys, I needed that laugh this week.[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!