The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Old 06-02-2010, 10:40 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default June 2 (link: Five-Minute LOST)

Welcome to June -- and the start of something new at 5M.net, or rather, the return of something old. I used to make newsposts a lot with or without new content; a lot of these were link posts and such. (Hard as it is to believe now, there have even been periods when I updated daily!) Eventually I got out of the habit; among other reasons, I was finding it harder to come up with links. But I've had several years to accumulate more. So, as part of getting 5M.net rolling for our tenth birthday, I'm gonna start making link posts again -- and I have just the one to start with.

Last week saw the end of two television phenomena: 24 and Lost. The latter in particular got the attention of a lot of people I know. I've often considered the possibility of doing Lost fivers; the main obstacle is that I never got into the show. By the time I got past the superficial resemblance to Survivor, I was already seasons behind. So "5ML" never materialized.

But a blatant ripoff did.

I've known about Five-Minute Lost by Adam pretty much since it was created. (Hitcounter.) That wouldn't have worked if he hadn't linked to me, so it's not like he was hiding his source -- in fact, you'll notice he uses the term "ripped off" himself. He's not the first to do something like this; two of the exosites started out the same way, and there are others around. I tend to let it slide as long as 5M.net is acknowledged, since it's flattering and I can't exactly send out C&Ds anyway.

It looks like Adam stopped Losting a while back, but he wrote about ten fivers first. For obvious reasons, I can't vouch for them -- but the parts I read seem pretty funny to this outsider. Go check 'em out.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 06-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Yeah, it looks pretty amusing.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 06-10-2010, 03:58 AM
Long fellow

Oh, finally. I tried to five the Lost Pilot once, and failed miserably in about five minutes flat (ha!). Now somebody's done it -- and done it well!