The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2006, 04:57 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter
Default July 11

Hey everybody! It's me, Jo Grant, and can you believe it? I'm hosting Day 2 of the Five Minute Doctor Who Anniversary Special. Blimey, when Scooter asked me you could have knocked me over with a wet sock. Anyway I'm chuffed to be here. After time monsters, killer plastic daffodils and giant maggots, a dead easy gig in cyberspace fits me like a pair of knee-high platform boots.

What about the fivers, you say? Well you'll be glad you looked me up today, because it just so happens I've got a pair. In fact I think they're quite special and you're sure to have a lot of fun with them:

• First off we have the 1965 story "Mission to the Unknown," the strangest Doctor Who ever — it's the only episode not to feature any of the regular cast at all! Imagine the cheek, making an episode of everyone's favorite show and not even bothering to have the stars in it — not even the TARDIS. That's audacity! The fiver is by a lovely new guest writer called Brad Phipps.
  • Next we have the very first original Doctor Who anniversary special from back in my day, "The Three Doctors," made to commemorate the show's tenth season in 1972-73. That's the one where we're all in a quarry clambering over rocks, you remember! But what makes it really super is I got to meet the Doctor's previous selves! Unfortunately I couldn't swap, but there you are. Anyway this story was fived by longtime forum-goer and new series cynic Chancellor Valium.

More to come tomorrow. Cheers to everyone and I hope whatever you're doing you're having a wild time — I always do!