The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 11-16-2003, 02:30 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Further confirmation of Travis' status in this ep can be found here. (Screencaps courtesy Enterprise8875)[/colorost_uid0]
Old 11-16-2003, 03:04 PM
Hello, John

Send a message via Yahoo to FatMatDuhRat

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Excellent pics [bost_uid0]mudshark.[/bost_uid0]
Thanks for the new Link![/colorost_uid0]
Do you think neural clones go to heaven? --John Crichton, Incubator (EP#3-11)
Old 11-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yes, it was a great episode. And the weapon looks cool.

The only thing wrong with it is the usual time-travel stuff. If, when the parasite is destroyed in the future, it also dissapears in the past, Phlox and T'Pol would have absolutely no memory of them ever having been there in the first place. So when they destroy the first couple of parasites, they could not have noticed them dissapearing in the earlier scans, and they would not remember having destroyed them. Etc. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 11-16-2003, 11:36 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Michiel"][color=#000000ost_uid0]The only thing wrong with it is the usual time-travel stuff. If, when the parasite is destroyed in the future, it also dissapears in the past, Phlox and T'Pol would have absolutely no memory of them ever having been there in the first place. So when they destroy the first couple of parasites, they could not have noticed them dissapearing in the earlier scans, and they would not remember having destroyed them. Etc. [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Interestingly, this would mean that Archer would have been instantly cured. Because he would never have had the first few parasites they eradicated, they would have targetted some different parasites. Since after killing them, those parasites would never have existed, they would have eradicated some other parasites. And so on, and so on, until they were all gone.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 11-17-2003, 06:23 AM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I thought about that. However, if Archer only had a small amount of parasites in his brain left (when Phlox and T'Pol are 'down to' the last few), his condition would probably have been less serious for all those years. Maybe they would not have found it worthwhile to devote 10 years to the development of a cure, like they have 'before'.

What I also thought about, is the entire lifespan of the parasites. I would think that from now until eternity there would be some point in which they are cought in a subspace implosion anyway. (Eternity is a long time.)[/colorost_uid0]
Old 11-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[quoteost_uid0="Michiel"][color=#000000ost_uid0]What I also thought about, is the entire lifespan of the parasites. I would think that from now until eternity there would be some point in which they are cought in a subspace implosion anyway. (Eternity is a long time.)[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hmm, good point. These parasites manage to exist for all eternity without getting caught in some gobbledygook; now why can't certain top-flight Starfleet officers do the same? [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs