The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2004, 01:47 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Five-Minute Average Joe was hilarious! Zeke, I now officially forgive you for every delay FMV's ever had, or ever will have. This one fiver balances it all.

My favorite parts:
[quoteost_uid0]Host: Go date, Beka babe. I promise you'll like 'em. And if you don't, you get to kill as many as you want.
Contestants: WHAT?
Beka: Score![/quoteost_uid0]
Gotta love Beka.

[quoteost_uid0]Sheridan: Yes, you're right. None of us has the right to force his opinion on others. No matter how powerful you are, it's not your business to decide how other beings or races will live their -- GAK!
Beka: Oh, thank God. I mean... will he be okay?
Host: Don't worry, sugarplum. Every few minutes or so he pulls a Jennifer Love Hewitt's career and dies. You just need to kick him like so until he --
Sheridan: Independence! Morals and right and wrong and... where was I?
Host: Dead.
Sheridan: Oh, good. Nothing serious. [/quoteost_uid0]
Good old speechifying, coming-back-from-the-dead John Sheridan. Although I was dissapointed when I realised that Beka didn't kill him.

[quoteost_uid0]Beka: Don't you think you're being a little paranoid?
Scorpius: (under the table) Actually, John's concerns are quite sensible.[/quoteost_uid0]
Pure gold.

[quoteost_uid0]Beka: You know, I live on a spaceship.
Doggett: Sure you do, ma'am. Sure you do. [/quoteost_uid0]
:lol:

[quoteost_uid0]Host: That's true, kitty cat, but we just couldn't say no to Mr. Ubermenschen here. Just ask the two casting directors who tried.[/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0]Tyr: I find that my requests are given higher priority when they are emphasized with armaments. [/quoteost_uid0]
Great job with Tyr. Funny and completely in character. You even managed to maintain the character's voice without sacrificing the comedy at all. Color me impressed.

[quoteost_uid0]Crichton: Scorpius is hiding there, isn't he? Isn't he?
Scorpius: (from the closet) Don't be ridiculous, John.[/quoteost_uid0]
Some jokes are even funnier the second time around, even in a single fiver. This is one of them.

[quoteost_uid0]Host: Ouch! Down he goes. Looks like steroid-boy is the champion.
Angel: I thought I was --
Host: You know what I mean, Angelcakes.[/quoteost_uid0]
Yet another Angel reference. I think there's been one in almost every FMC. I like this trend.

[quoteost_uid0]Tyr: Surprise challenger? I heard of no -- (KLONK)
Jim Kirk: Surprise.[/quoteost_uid0]
James Kirk. You just can't be the original.

[quoteost_uid0]Host: .... So I leave you with this final song, sung by a very good friend of mine....
Angel: Wise men say... only fools rush in... but I can't helllllp falling in lllllove with you....[/quoteost_uid0]
Angel singing! The perfect end to a fabulous fiver. My hat is off to you Zeke.[/colorost_uid0]