The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 08:06 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default October 19

Five-Minute Firefly lives! Welcome to the conclusion of our subsite launch, featuring the remaining four(ish) episodes of Firefly.
    [*]First up, my contribution: the original two-hour pilot, "Serenity" (not to be confused with the movie or comic series of the same name). For those who don't know the story behind this, Joss's original pilot -- much like "The Cage" -- was rejected as not exciting enough. The network asked for a second pilot, so Joss provided....[*]..."The Train Job," the first episode that actually aired. This fiver comes from the one "cameo" I didn't telegraph earlier: Derek Dean. He's a big Firefly fan and I had two pilots, so I offered him this one. I think you'll agree he did a bangup job. And finally....[*]...Jade delivers the last two fivers of this event, "Objects in Space" (the last episode in Joss's intended order) and "The Message" (one of the three that never aired, along with "Trash" and "Heart of Gold").[/list]That's not all -- I've finally provided an FAQ for the subsite and proper blurbs for the episodes. (There'll be a Jade FAQ too.)

Now, there's one thing I'm sure everybody's wondering at this point: what about the movie? Rest assured that it will be covered at 5MFY, whether by Jade, me, or someone else. (I'd have a more definite answer, but Jade is still low on net access, so I haven't had the chance to talk to her about it.) We're not taking submissions for the movie, so please don't send any. We do, however, take submissions of money... or beer.

Thanks for reading, and keep watching the skies! ('Cause you never know when someone'll try to take 'em from you.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
...and not cowardly

Quote:
Simon: Well, he was sort of like our guide, so I figured I'd go all out and make him a doped semi-conductor.
*Dies*

I'd say how good they all were, but I'm afraid I really can't, on account of being slightly dead. :roll:
Old 10-20-2005, 05:49 PM
...and not cowardly

Quote:
Mal: She's Inara. Brightens the place up, don't she? Pity she's a wh--
Inara: HEY! How dare you give him a completely accurate description of the work I'm supposedly not ashamed of? Jerk! (storms off)
Kaylee: And don't you go callin' me a mechanic, neither!
Heh.

Quote:
Mal: Pie? Wow, that is scary! Also, I think she's psychic.
Jayne: Yeah! Like, the other day I heard her voice gettin' louder an' louder, an' I thought "Gee, she's gonna come through that door," an' then she did! It was like she read my mind!
Kaylee: See? Terrifying!
That is kinda freaky.

Quote:
Book: River, why are you lying on the coffin?
River: I'm waiting for the dead guy to rise from the grave.
Jayne: Why? He ain't a vampire or nothin'.
River: No, not today...
Jayne: You're crazy.
River: Well, duh.
Heh. Nice reference. I liked the Illyria mention also.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

Hey look, Zeke's alive. Hi Zeke! :P

Also, i'm sure I would have good things to say about these fivers if I actualy watched any bit of Firefly. ::ahem:: ::takes a step to the right and runs for the exit::

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 10-21-2005, 10:30 AM
...and not cowardly

Quick! Someone hold her down so I can tape her eyelids open!
Old 10-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

::Screams and runs::

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 10-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Outnumbered

Send a message via MSN to e of pi

Quick1 Hide in the misc. section! With the rest of us who didn't watch it!

e of pi: I know you have too much free time.
Ddoof: HEY!
e of pi: Well, so does anyone who posts on 5M.net. It comes from the extra 55 minutes.

We are the BSG. Your resources and injokes wil be added to our own, depleting your fanbase. Resistance is futile. So say we all.
Member of the Persons Who Believe that Ryan Connors Leslie Should Have Lines in Other Series Since He's Hardly In TOS Fivers