The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2010, 08:33 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default May 26 (T10 #104)

At long last, here's our first '10 update free of April Foolishness. As you may recall, I'm a big Heroes fan. And as you've probably heard, the show has just been cancelled. There's talk of a wrapup TV-movie, but that's no substitute for another season.

The most infuriating thing is that it feels like half the internet is cheering. Not even Enterprise had such a dance festival over its grave. Don't get me wrong, I haven't forgotten how good bashers are at inflating their numbers. But I don't understand why anyone would cheer for a cancellation -- it's a mindset I can't relate to. (Okay, maybe a little, but surely not every basher has an ex-girlfriend who's a big fan.)

Heroes had a good run, and I'm glad of that. It was never quite as good after Season 1, but that just means it was an above-average show instead of an extraordinary one. I know four seasons is more than most sf series get, and things weren't the same at this point without Nathan and Mohinder, my two favourite characters. But I'm still sorry to see the series go.

And when you read The Top 10 Things We'll Miss Out On Now That Heroes is Cancelled, you'll be sorry too.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction