The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Fiver By Committee

Old 12-22-2023, 05:03 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Oh yeah, the TV shows didn't even occur to me.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 12-22-2023, 05:15 PM
You just activated his Trek card

So are we ready to start a thread to do Iron Man?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old 12-22-2023, 05:29 PM

You can if you want, but obviously Christmas is imminent and I need to watch the movie again. I may not contribute much until the new year.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 12-22-2023, 09:46 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Sorry, I meant to act on this sooner. I have an answer, and you'll hate it, but it is what it is: we have too few people at this point for FBC to work. For the site's next big enough event, I intend to send an all-members email (a tool I've only used once before, for the tenth anniversary), and with any luck, enough people will return to take another go at FBC then. I know what the event will be, and it'll be worthy of the summons, but I can't make any promises about the timeline.

If it helps (?), you were getting Iron Man from my cold dead hands. He's my favourite Marvel solo hero and I've been chipping away at the fiver since '08. In fact, since I'm disappointing you on this, have a preview!

Quote:
Tony Stark. Inventor. Entrepreneur. Corporate titan. Man who knows his liquor. Cool exec with a heart of --
Rhodey: Look, this goes on for three hours. The important thing is we're all really impressed with Tony and his ability to Photoshop himself onto famous magazines. Take a bow, Tony!
(Silence)
Rhodey: Dammit. Somebody take this on Tony's behalf, and I'll go drag his behalf back here.
Stane: Gotcha. Hi, folks! I'm not Tony, but --
Guy in Audience: We can tell by the hair!
Stane: I hate you all.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 12-22-2023, 10:27 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Zeke, you are making it hard to reply without snark, condescension, or bitterness. Let's keep things simple: an official-to-be-posted-on-the-site fiver is quite a different thing than a people-playing-around-in-the-forum fiver. None of us were talking like the MCU fivers were going to be posted on the site.

Furthermore, I question why you need an official event to justify posting anything.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old 12-24-2023, 12:51 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Quote:
An official-to-be-posted-on-the-site fiver is quite a different thing than a people-playing-around-in-the-forum fiver. None of us were talking like the MCU fivers were going to be posted on the site.
Wait, what? How is that not what you were doing by talking about it in this forum? At no point in FBC's history has it ever not been --

(blink)

Okay, fair play to you on this one, Nate. I went back and checked, and you're right. I never did outright say the Matrix fiver would be posted on the site when it was done. (That said, I think it was pretty freaking strongly implied -- and I think it jumps from "implied" to "obvious" for future FBCs since I did publish the first one.)

I'd rather keep most of this forum to its original concept, and eventually sink or swim with that, but I can certainly make a thread for unofficial FBCing. If you think it's worth going ahead even with our tiny population, by all means pick any target you want there. (If you do Iron Man, I just won't look.)

And no, I don't need an event to post anything. But I do need one to send out that email notification, and that'll be the best hope of getting official FBC back off the ground.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 12-27-2023, 04:41 PM

Looking forward to seeing what happens on official and unofficial fronts!

Yup