The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 02-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Ohhhhh. Â Now that you mention it, I recall now that Owen posted something like that just to freak you out. Â Sorry, KJ.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Weather or not anything was ever backed up i still find it funny that the wipe happened right after he Owen said that :lol: And rater suspisious :suspicious: [/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-24-2004, 11:49 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Suspicious? I thought so at the time (and certainly said so too). Ah well. Topic Title. That certainly brings back...memories.

Who was it that started it? It was either SimonBob or MPQ, I remember that much - whatever happened to them, anyway?

Top Ten Programs the EMH should add to his Program

10. Microsoft Excel, just in case an accounting emergency arises.
9. Microsoft Encarta 2273, so that he can sprout even more useless facts than Data.
8. Translation software, so that the rest of the crew will actually understand him when he breaks out the medical jargon.
7. Linux, so that he actually alter his own program without causing a major disaster.
6. An "I gave a crap" emulator.
5. Norton Anti-virus, because frankly it can't be worse than what Voyager's already got.
4. The Master Control Program, so he can finally take over Voyager's computer and become captain like he's always dreamed of.
3. Backup software, so that there is more than one freakin' copy aboard in case something goes wrong.
2. Scandisk, so that he can catch any problems with his routines before he goes crazy/decompiles/hallucinates.

And, the number one program that the EMH should have loaded into his routines:
1. Solitaire, so that if he was left on he'd never be bored again.

Top Ten Reasons why Janeway actually prefers the Delta Quadrant to the Alpha[/colorost_uid0]

- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 02-25-2004, 12:08 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]SimonBob was the one who started Topic Title, and I know he's still out there, just out of touch lately. Not sure about MPQ.

Btw, the reason PHJ's post above says it's edited by me is that he double-posted; he emptied one of them and I deleted the other, simultaneously, so I put back the text in case he didn't have it.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 02-25-2004, 03:38 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Top Ten Reasons why Janeway actually prefers the Delta Quadrant to the Alpha

10. No more Tribbles!
9. She can ignore all those "Coffee Causes Craziness" campaignes.
8. She thinks Borg outfits are cool
7. She's the highest ranking officer. WOO-HOO!
6. It's the only way she gets to be near Chakotay.
5. Longer time in Delta= Higher ranking in Alpha (beat that, Picard)
4. Who else has a malebot, erm, EMH handy at all hours without arousing suspicion?
3. The Coffee Nebula.
2. No Chilli jokes.
1. Due to a rare tasts-bud disorder, she actually LIKES Neelix's food

Top Ten Hottest Trends on DS9

(PS, why am I not registering on the current users list?)[/colorost_uid0]

Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 02-25-2004, 05:30 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Opium, are you using MSN browser? I am and I am not on the list either unless I use Internet Explorer[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-25-2004, 05:37 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer. But I am logged into msn right now. Maybe you're onto something :think:[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000ost_uid0]4. The Master Control Program, so he can finally take over Voyager's computer and become captain like he's always dreamed of.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Bwaahahahah [/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Top Ten Hottest Trends on DS9[/quoteost_uid0]

10: Touchy-feelyism. Everyone talks about their feelings. Even Worf.
9: The size of special effects budget. Bigger battles, more ships, flashier explosions.
8: The downward motion of hair.
7: Noted increase in Americentricity: baseball, Vegas and the Alamo achieve saturation point in Seventh Season.

Bah. Someone else can finish it.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 02-26-2004, 03:36 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]6. Laziness

5. The power levels in the core. Hey, even simple fusion's plenty hot enough for anyone

4. Naming pets after famous literary swordsmen

3. '60's-style clothing. Kira discovers the pleasures of tie-dye T-shirts, while O'Brien prefers Flower Power attire. Worf loses a bet and has to walk around sporting a big "Peace" sign.

2. Lewis Carroll. Oh, wait a moment...

1. Mood rings. They're banned quicker than tribbles however, after a tense stand-off where Dukat can tell whether Sisko is lying just by watching his hands. Then Kira tries to fill in while Sisko gets rid of the ring, but at the sight of Dukat her ring, which has been glowing a much brighter crimson red than any ring has any right to glow ever since she put it on, collapses under the strain in a dazzling explosion that takes out two consoles and a handy redshirt

Next:
Top Ten Little-Known Fashion Blunders Made By Star Trek Characters[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 02-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Calvinist

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Top Ten Little-Known Fashion Blunders Made By Star Trek Characters

10. Wearing pocket-less uniforms
9. Basing the colour on rank, not hair or skin tone
8. Too few accesories!
7. The bald look(soooo Original Star Trek movies)
6. What's with the mini-dresses? Bleh!
5. Blue lycra dresses!
4 Full briefs under cat-suits (bad pantylines! Bad!)
3. Data's crossdressing
2. Worf 's secret love of pink fluffy bunny shoes
1. Tribble Wigs!

Top Ten Next Gen Characters that didnt make the cut[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-26-2004, 06:08 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Top Ten [iost_uid0]Star Trek: The Next Generation[/iost_uid0] Characters that didn't make the Cut

Doctor Larry Schnieder, CMO, a sarcastic New Yorker. Dropped when it was realised that no-one would actually understand what he was saying.

Robert Crusher, a smart, sciency type kid, planned as being quite witty but also quite sensitive. Dropped in favour of Wesley Crusher.

Lieutenant Zeke, a engineer from Canada, who would be chronically late for everything and have an obsession with an old 20th cnetury SF TV show. Dropped as he was considered too unrealistic. ()

Science officer T'Booty, an incredibly attractive catsuit wearing Vulcan woman. Dropped as it was felt she would just generally lower the whole tone of the show.

I can't think of ten, so feel free to include 'em in your own lists.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 02-27-2004, 02:18 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[color=#000000ost_uid0]6. Lt. Commander Brunhilde Pffluffenstein, who joined Starfleet to find space vampires. Warned that Kirk`s Enterprise had found a blood-sucking cloud years ago, nevertheless she desires to find blonde British vampires.

5. Ensign Travis Juneweather, a young black pilot who does and says nothing. Gene Roddenberry: "Not in this millenium." The person who suggested the character: "I`ll wait."

4. Science Officer Dukat, a Cardassian. The original idea intended for Cardassians to be sweet, warm, fuzzy and witty little orange aliens. Dropped when papers concerning the character were presumably lost, but actually stolen by a writer very cruel in nature, who had some other ideas, and who, years later, proceeded to write "Duet" and "The Tribunal".

3. Smeaggy Gollmford, a schizophrenic male nurse. We follow his struggle with his multiple personalities and his obsession with shiny things.

2. Yenrab Jr., a Gorn transporter chief, improved and enhanced by new prosthetic makeup capabilities, to make him more realistic and scarier. Some concerns were raised that he will be too scary, and would scare small children. Dropped when other castmembers fled shrieking in horror when they saw him.

1. Jar Jar Binks. Gene Roddenberry: "No friggin` way in hell. Dump him on someone stupid enough to put him in his movie or show." -Other producer: "But no one could possibly be that dumb!" Gene: "You`d be surprised..."

NEXT: Top 10 Klingon Sitcoms[/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 02-27-2004, 02:21 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Nic Corelli"]1. Jar Jar Binks. Gene Roddenberry: "No friggin` way in hell. Dump him on someone stupid enough to put him in his movie or show." -Other producer: "But no one could possibly be that dumb!" Gene: "You`d be surprised..."[/quoteost_uid0]

GAHAHAHAHA!! ::dies::

Nic is online! A miracle!
Or... could it be...

[bost_uid0]THE KITTEN?[/bost_uid0]

[/ominous mode][/colorost_uid0]

Old 02-27-2004, 02:27 AM
Wigging out

[color=#000000ost_uid0]The kitten is actually a wild beast, that is able to crash chairs and lose four ping pong balls. And to urinate all over my Roman history papers (quite an amusing surprise last night...)[/colorost_uid0]

Old 02-27-2004, 02:30 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]See? See? It's already started on its agenda of chaos and mass destruction!

You'd better run while you can, Nic. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-27-2004, 02:37 AM
Wigging out

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Too late. The whole apartment stinks. And I was told the cat was house trained. Apparently I got her from a disguised Ferengi.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 02-27-2004, 02:42 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hot dang.
Moral of the story: before one buys a cat, one should tug hard on cat-seller's ears to make sure cat-seller is not in fact Ferengi in disguise.

Or maybe he meant "trained to wreck a house" when he said house-trained.

Btw, I'm nearly done with your letter of DOOM!; it should be sent off this weekend. As I said, run while you still can. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Nic, don't you realize this kitten of yours is a hyperintelligent alien, working with Bush to...

*Gets blank stares*

What?[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:47 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]::snicker::

ICQ conversations are scary things, folks.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Top Ten Klingon Sitcoms:

10) Foes - Following the romantic misadventures of six young Klingon warriors and their search for the one relationship amongst each other they haven't tried out yet.
9) Ship Improvement - K'Tom fiddles with the main reactor controls, gleefully answering his Captain's request for "more power".
8) Married, with Targ - T'Al tries to escape his honorless profession of selling tribbles. The Targ dies in the middle fo the series and has to be reincarnated.
7) Scrubbers - Four young Klingon warriors on their first day on a warship.
6) Emperor of Queens - the bloodiest "delivery boy" serial *ever*.
5) Sex and the Colony - Four female warriors seek to conquer the Klingon Empire by sleeping with every last male warrior in it.
4) The House of Worf - Watch as the once-dignified old warrior Worf and his family navigate the perils of being famous. And rich. And retarded.
3) Warrior Girl - It's always a tough day on the bridge of a warship in the Klingon Navy - but somebody *has* to keep it all together.
2) Screamfeld - Three warriors. One woman. Less blood then you'd expect.

And the Number 1 Klingon Sitcom is:

1) Martok in the Middle - Follow the young years of General Martok as he tries to outwit his honorless and neurotic family.

Next: Top Ten Klingon Pop Songs!

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes