The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2003, 12:02 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]You're not gonna believe this one. Tate, who brought us [iost_uid0]Chex Quest[/iost_uid0], now brings us [iost_uid0]Chex Quest 2[/iost_uid0]. Yes, they made a sequel. Apparently the earth somehow failed to swallow them whole for making the original....[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 10-28-2003, 12:50 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It bothers me that you've actually [iost_uid0]played[/iost_uid0] these games, Tate. Good fiver, though.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-28-2003, 07:12 AM
Three people, apparently

Send a message via MSN to Kristina Send a message via Yahoo to Kristina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I must plead total ignorance to the games; whether that is good or bad, I can't know. I still enjoyed the fiver, Tate![/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-28-2003, 04:00 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Apparently the earth somehow failed to swallow them whole for making the original....[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0][iost_uid0]Ba-da-bum![/iost_uid0]

Good fiver, Tate! Can't explain why, exactly, but I was almost indecently amused by the [iost_uid0]Gods and General Mills[/iost_uid0] line.

Re: previous news item about the [iost_uid0]Ring[/iost_uid0] site:
Z, I think you (or perhaps Mat) posted a link to part of this site some time ago, because the layout is familiar. I may, at some point, yet see this (these) movie(s), because I keep hearing good things about it (them). I'm a little leery of most horror films made since about 1960, though, since many seem to equate volume of blood spilled with quality.

Lastly: was there a database problem with 3Sygma yesterday? Had intermittent trouble getting to both the Five-Minute and Delta Blues sites.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Chex Guy: Wow! That's expensive! Wait a minute, why do you have quotation marks around your name?
"Box Office Attendant": Um... a fashion statement?
Chex Guy: Right. DIE EVIL FLEMOID!
"Box Office Attendant": GAK![/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0]Chex Guy: Thanks, but I don't have time for a tour right now. I've got to get back to my job of saying DIE EVIL FLEMOID!
"Museum Curator": GAK!
Chex Guy: I thought so.[/quoteost_uid0]
Heeheehee. Flemoids are not too bright, apparently... :smile:

[quoteost_uid0]Flemoids: Yo. We da evil gangsta flemoids.[/quoteost_uid0]
I wonder if there's a gangsta flavor of Chex?

Funny stuff, all right. [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 10-28-2003, 06:11 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="mudshark"]I'm a little leery of most horror films made since about 1960, though, since many seem to equate volume of blood spilled with quality.[/quoteost_uid0]
I'm not a huge fan of horror movies myself, but two that I do enjoy are [iost_uid0]Hannibal[/iost_uid0] with the fabulous Julianne Moore and the deliciously disturbing Anthony Hopkins (I heard he went to the premiere just to sit behind people and ask "Are you enjoying it?" in his creepy voice at a particularly scary part of the movie) and the brilliant [iost_uid0]Scream[/iost_uid0]. Â The sequels of the latter crashed and burned, but [iost_uid0]Scream[/iost_uid0] is worth watching purely for its mockery of horror movie cliches; its having a decent plot is a pleasant side effect.

[quoteost_uid0="mudshark"]Lastly: was there a database problem with 3Sygma yesterday? Had intermittent trouble getting to both the Five-Minute and Delta Blues sites.[/quoteost_uid0]
Yeah, the server seems to be in a bad mood lately. Â It took me at least a dozen tries to successfully upload the news pages. Â I hope my computer didn't take my language personally....[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-28-2003, 07:09 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Its a good thing that they're not yet building computers with Genuine People Personalities.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 10-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Great fiver.

Zeke, when are you gonna five [iost_uid0]Doom 2[/iost_uid0]? [/colorost_uid0]

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!
Old 10-30-2003, 03:09 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="Kira"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm not a huge fan of horror movies myself, but two that I do enjoy are [iost_uid0]Hannibal[/iost_uid0] ... and the brilliant [iost_uid0]Scream[/iost_uid0].[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm still on the fence about seeing [iost_uid0]Hannibal[/iost_uid0], myself. From reviews I have seen, it would seem to be a brilliantly made and acted, very ugly movie. I did finally get around to seeing [iost_uid0]Silence of the Lambs[/iost_uid0] a couple of years ago and thought it was fantastic, though.

[iost_uid0]Scream[/iost_uid0] is one I'm sure I'll see at some point. For now, I'll just have to make do with the scene in [iost_uid0]Jay and Silent Bob[/iost_uid0] in which they blunder onto the set of [iost_uid0]Scream 4[/iost_uid0]. [/colorost_uid0]