View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 02:09 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Neo: Charming place you're got here. The decor says homely, but the neighbourhood says "I hope you've had all your shots."
Trinity: Enough with the wisecracks, and be warned: if you strike him down, he will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine ((possible parallelism here)).
Morpheus: Welcome to my parlour. To sleep, perchance to dream.
Neo: What are you on about?
Morpheus: I have no idea. Somebody else can write this bit.

Morpheus: If you eat the blue M&M, you will remember none of this. If you eat the green M&M, all will be revealed in the fullness of time.
Neo: What about the red one?
Morpheus: Nonononono! Not the red one! Don't ever eat the red one.
Neo: Why not?
Morpheus: The red ones are my favourite.

Neo: Eww, I got mirror on my fingers. Get it off.
Somebody Other Than Morpheus: Did you ever see that old B-movie "The Blob"?
Neo: Part of it. How did it end?
SOTM: Well, a lot of people got eaten, and then...
Cypher: Computer, end program.
Mirror blob: Gloop!
Neo: Gak! Rats. Now I'll never know how it ended.

SFX Interlude

Neo: I'm naked, bald, floating in goo and wired up like a reject from a bad science fiction movie. What else can possibly go wrong? (Spider-thing peers into Neo's cell) I have got to stop saying that.
Capsule contents (and Neo): Flush!
Futuristic coptor: Grab!
Morpheus: (witty tagline to end this scene on - probably PHJ's Alice line, since that seems to be the consensus)

Obviously, ad hoc composition is not my friend. Feel free to tinker around with this. I may go back and edit if a punchline or joke strikes my fancy.

Alternate, slightly sillier version:

Apoc (or Cypher...I really don't know which is which): We aren't picking up his signal.
Morpheus: Curses! Go to Plan B.
(Apoc and Cypher dash into the real world and begin looking through each capsule individually): No...no...no...no...

(reflective pause)

Wow, am I unfunny today.[/colorost_uid0]