View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 10:21 PM
You just activated his Trek card

So I just read an article about the ongoing war between calling them "Christmas Trees" and calling them "Holiday Trees"...

PNQ: Am I the only one who thinks this is silly?

Decorated pine trees are not associated with any other religion! If we tried to rename menorahs to "holiday candelabra" the Jews would go crazy, right? And they would have every right to! I don't know much about Kwanzaa, but I did some research and just one example is the Unity Cup. If we started using "holiday cup" they would have every right to go crazy as well!

If anything a handful of holiday symbols should be clustered into a joint display. Anyone who visits the "holiday grove" or whatever could see what they want and know that the symbolism of their beliefs wasn't being diluted by political correctness. It might even be a chance to have informational displays to explain the symbolism to people who don't know about it!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.