View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Glad you liked it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
Lorhrok: Mister Hologram, you are under arrest for violating the Prime Directive.
Ensign: You have no right to do that! What if someone had taken the Babelfish away from your planet centuries ago?
Lorhrok: Huh?
Cortez: Or what if the Vulcans had removed the Monolith from Earth's moon before humans uncovered it?
Lorhrok: Are you just making things up?
Yeah, I was pretty pleased with how that scene turned out. The next line is probably my favorite line out of both fivers, because it looks ridiculously random but is actually a reference to a scene from The Last Starfighter where all three entities are mentioned.

Quote:
Betra-Na: Oh yeah?
Serid-Gee: Yeah!
Betra-Na: (casually) Well, talk to you later.
Serid-Gee: (casually) See you soon.
This might actually be the scene I was worried most about. The original is a nice, insightful dialogue that refuses to tell the audience which side they're supposed to root for, and I could find nothing better to do with it than reduce most of it to pure scenery-chewing. *sigh* But you like it, or at least the end of it. That's a good sign.

Quote:
And I'll keep checking in 'til March 1st, if anyone else jumps in!
I might give it a shot, but I don't think I'll be able to do the season finale. My creative juices need recharging, and I have other things I need to do. So I'm definitely not claiming it.

I've got KatyJane listening to the episodes now. She's enjoyed it so far as well.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs

Last edited by NAHTMMM; 02-19-2011 at 08:55 PM.