Thread: New Shows
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 04:30 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan
There has to be a certain balance of light and dark.
That philosophy normally makes me want to throw things, but since we're talking about TV, it's okay. Just don't start with me on "Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light". As far as I'm concerned, that was a case of Evil Tuvok.

X-Files seems eminently fivable to me as long as we don't let Thinkey do it. I took fiver notes for the last four episodes, in fact. One of these days I'll at least do the pilot. I love that episode. (Also, my understanding is that XF ran the gamut from serious to stupid, both of which work perfectly for fivers. Straight-out comedy is hard, but self-parody tends to suck, and that makes it easy.)

I've run out of excuses for not seeing The Grudge: it's now available from the DVD auto-renter on campus. It's perfect for my Ring audience, too. But if what I've heard is true, I just plain wouldn't be able to handle it "cold." I'll need some pretty good spoilers -- a script would be ideal. Kira can tell you I scare easily, and knowing I'm going to be scared doesn't help at all, but knowing the details sometimes does.

I could do Darkness Falls, though. It's the epitome of horror flicks -- scary but utterly stupid -- and I got through it with no more help than reading a few reviews and slo-moing the first scene. I was so proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evay
Don't get any mustard on BSG, please.
You sure? I think mustard and cheese go well together.

Yeah, that was Kira bait.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction