View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 PM
You just activated his Trek card

For some reason I still attempt to follow the debacle that is Duke Nukem Forever. The current word is that until the lawsuit is resolved no announcements can be made, and any trailer we may see are completely fanmade. Furthermore, the case will last for at least another year.

The game engine already looks dated. Nobody at 3D Realms is working on it right now in any real capacity. Nobody else can work on it until the lawsuit is resolved. Thus if it's another year before anybody can actually work on it, it'll be at least another year past that before anything remotely presentable can be released. Now we're getting up to 15 years since the thing was announced.

PNQ1: If 3D Realms actually wins this case, where is the money going to come from to rework the game for the umpteenth time to keep up with technology? Who's going to trust them with ten million dollars or whatever?

PNQ2: If Take2 wins this case, odds are they'll start over from scratch on a new cutting-edge game and not use the Duke Nukem Forever name at all. How long will that take, and will anybody be interested?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.