View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 01:12 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Kira"][quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"]On to the [bost_uid0]spoilers[/bost_uid0]:[/quoteost_uid0]
When it says "Spoilers" in the topic description, I think it's fair to leave them un-hidden.[/quoteost_uid0]

Well, all right. But it seemed the right thing to do. And the effect was weird.

[quoteost_uid0][*] Quantum dating... The Kira Science Directorate has determined that quantum dating items from the future is impossible.[/quoteost_uid0]
Which reminds me...I chuckled when T'Pol issued her "The VSD has determined that time travel..." statement. Mom kinda looked at me funny.

[quoteost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]A problem: Admiral and Soval: "We don't believe you." Archer: "Wow, Mysterious Man told me that would be your reaction! I bet he was telling the truth!"[/quoteost_uid0]
Archer's point wasn't that Future Guy predicted their response, it's that [iost_uid0]because[/iost_uid0] he predicted their response he gave Archer "proof". (For reason behind quote marks, see previous paragraph.)[/quoteost_uid0]
What I was saying was that, because Future Guy guessed correctly whether the proverbial coin would land heads up or tails up, Archer decided he must have been honest about the Xindi. All I was saying was that that is a very tenuous connection at best. I felt it was bad writing.

But I take it that I misunderstood what was being said? Archer was saying that FG gave him some other proof because FG knew the admiral would be dubious?

[quoteost_uid0][*]Red Klingon bridge... Um, aren't Klingon bridges always red?[/quoteost_uid0]
I don't know, I don't see many episodes of any series. It was kind of like a droll in-joke--you'd have to read the novel to know what I was amused about.

And Celeste...can't there be more than one set of evil future guys? Or maybe they're all essentially "evil", but since they're all opposed to each other, those factions who want to destroy Earth will find themselves opposed by the rest almost by default?[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs