View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 03:22 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Default The End of Bob and George is Nigh

In today's newspost Dave Anez announced that the end of the "grandaddy of all sprite comics," the ever-impressive, the well-contained, and never duplicated Bob and George has entered the final stretch. He admits that I'll be several months and storylines into the future, but I still found it to be a shock.

This is a thread to reminise about BnG. This is a thread to share quotes, stories, our first memories, etc.

I know how I found Bob and George. I was led there through a chain. I stumbled across either Kid Radd or A Modest Destiny first. No idea which one. Probably AMD led me to KR, which led me to BnG. It was like no webcomic before or since. I wasn't that much of a MegaMan fan back then, but I am now. I especially liked NT Warrior, but that's another story. Anyway, there I was, and here I am years later, depressed that The Big One is ending. Sure hope Dave finishes the commentary and Cataclysm movies first, though, maybe set up a Radd-type offline archive.

Shadow Man: I am Shadow Man. I can exist in the shadows.
Mega Man: But the lights are on! There aren’t any shadows!
Shadow Man: A true ninja can hide in the shadows of bright light.
Mega Man: What? Now you’re not making any sense!
Shadow Man: That is what you get for playing Monopoly with an Eskimo of the night.

"That is what you get for playing Monopoly with an Eskimo of the night," is a personal favorite, as is Shadow Man in general. He's so cool.

Gemini Man 1: Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will—
Gemini Man 2: You idiot! That’s the Borg, not us!
Gemini Man 1: Oh, sorry, I always get those confused.

Plus Dave's a Trekkie, so we enjoy plenty of these jokes.

Mega Man: I’m the hero! I don’t have to make sense!

Truly a motto most heroes can and do ascribe to.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.