Thread: June 28
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

Kira, the fiver was quite enjoyable by itself. Nice work on the comic to make it even better.

Just one thing:
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: A lot of stuff in here is copyrighted by Paramount Pictures. My intent isn't to infringe on that; I and those like me are just having a little fun in the universe Gene Roddenberry created. I don't think he'd mind.
Who knew?

Quote:
Einstein: You forgot to ante in, Isaac.
Newton: You future scientists and your quibbling over details. Honestly, what does an ante matter?
*snerk*
Quote:
Borg: I'll kill you, android!
Data: (BASH BASH BASH) Your contractions... are making me...
Borg: Aren't you going to finish?
Data: ANGRY!
Borg: G'K!
Heheheh.
Quote:
Picard: Looks like we may have a Hughge problem on our hands.
Ow.
Quote:
Crosis: Human/Betazoid hybrid. Point out the near-impossibility of successful interspecies reproduction. Disappearance in a puff of logic is immediate.
Troi: Oh yeah? I'm still here, aren't --
(POOF)
Oh, dear.
Quote:
Worf: The stolen shuttle's signature is situated on a circling sphere, sir.
Riker: You mean a planet?
Worf: Sorry. We Klingons have difficulty stopping alliteration once we've started it.
Picard: I've never heard that about Klingons.
Worf: Well, it doesn't come up much.
:mrgreen:

Quote:
And speaking of allusions, I was amused when one of my favourite jokes in the "One" fiver ended up being quoted verbatim in Zeke's parody of "Doctor's Orders," an Enterprise episode which is a virtual clone of "One." For marketing reasons, I won't say which joke I'm talking about; feel free to read (or re-read) both fivers for yourself if you'd like to find it.
That joke had me giggling the first time, and it was just as good when it showed up in "Doctor's Orders" -- it never hurts to go with a winner.

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)