View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 02:42 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I don't expect the live-action stuff to act like every novel is canon, but there are certain things that most fans can agree on as being very nice ideas. Some of these come from the animated series or whatnot. And what's more, these events carry across novels by different authors in different "novel franchises". The creators don't need to read all of these novels and comic books, just ask the fans! There are millions of Trekkies out there ready to help out the creators for free, all you need to do is ask them!

Yes, the novels contradict each other; you can't expect every author to read hundreds of novels before writing their own, but you never see anybody wiping the slate clean to be able to ignore everyone else's versions either.

And I maintain my position that the creators felt that they can create a "better" universe. Alternate timelines that only exist for an episode or two are created for fun or to tell a single plot. With this movie there was no Reset Button. The universe has been changed (and billions of Vulcans present and future NO LONGER EXIST!) and will not be changing back.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.