View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 04:30 AM
You just activated his Trek card

O'BRIEN: We've got a problem. sir. I just saw Q on the Promenade.
SISKO: Q? Here?
KIRA: What's Q?
SISKO: A powerful and extremely unpredictable entity. I was at a Starfleet briefing on him two years ago.

One wonders why it took three years after meeting Q to arrange a briefing on him.

SISKO: Tell me about Q.
Q: I'll tell you anything you want to know, Commander. Just answer one question. Is Starfleet penalising you or did you actually request such a dismal command?

He sure didn't ask for it! Whether this is supposed to be a punishment is another discussion.

Q: Though I must say I approve of your new tailor.
(Q changes from TNG uniform to DS9)

As I hear it, the point behind the inverted colors on the DS9 uniform is that a black uniform would hide dirt better. I'm not that fond of the DS9 uniform, too casual.

SISKO: If you're looking for sympathy, you've come to the wrong place.
Q: Actually, what I was hoping for was a little witty repartee, but I see I'm not going to get any of that either. At least your beloved Jean-Luc knows how to turn a phrase.

We all know that the only reason he visits the Enterprise is to listen to Picard speeches.

Q: Marquis of Queensberry Rules?

Published in London in 1867, the Rules were the first popular set of rules for boxing. The Rules was the first time boxing gloves were made mandatory.

Q: You hit me Picard never hit me.
SISKO: I'm not Picard.
Q: Indeed not. You're much easier to provoke.

Yeah, 'cause Picard would've just stood still and let Q punch him. I doubt it.

SISKO: Every time we've had a power drain, it's been followed by an increase in the graviton field. If this continues, we could wind up with a breach in one of our reactor cores. We'd lose half the station.

Just half? You do realize that all three reactor cores are in the Central Core next to each other, right? Set off one and the other two explode as well!

ODO: I'll never understand this obsession with accumulating material wealth. You spend your entire life plotting and scheming to acquire more and more possessions, until your living areas are bursting with useless junk. Then you die, your relatives sell everything and start the cycle all over again.

Oh, the screed I could write on this topic...

O'BRIEN: Sir, we'll never find the source of the power drain using these bloody Cardassian internal sensors. They're just not sensitive enough.

You'd think upgrading the sensors would be Priority One, especially with the wormhole nearby.

Q: Picard and his lackeys would have solved all this techno-babble hours ago.

This line has always stuck with me. I think that this isn't a fair comparison as the E-D has far superior sensors to the station. Plus, y'know, less volume to scan.

Q: Do I know you?
O'BRIEN: O'Brien. From the Enterprise.
Q: Enterprise. oh yes. Weren't you one of the little people?

O'Brien was on the Battle Bridge during the Farpoint Mission! Q chose not to grab him for the trial. It must be the yellow uniform that's throwing him off.

Station log, stardate 46532.3. With the embryonic lifeform off the station, graviton levels have returned to normal. We've used the control thrusters to return the station to its original position.

Did they use the shields to lower the inertial mass again?

Q: Earth. Oh, don't get me wrong. A thousand years ago it had character. Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Watergate.

"The Brady Bunch Reunion!" The (first) Power Rangers movie may be cheesy shlock, but you can't say that Ivan Ooze wasn't fun.

BASHIR: I feel as though I've been sleep for days. What? Did I miss something?

Nobody checked up on how the Senior Medical Officer is doing?

Memory Alpha

* Q never snaps his fingers in this episode to use his powers. Weird.
* Q and O'Brien never shared a scene on TNG, but as an officer on the Battle Bridge Q would've noticed him.

Nitpicker's Guide

* Bashir invited Vash to Quark's for a date, and she goes there, but he goes to the Replimat. Oops.
* Why didn't the evacuate the station? They had plenty of time!
* If the Cardassians stripped the station of everything of value when they left, why did they leave behind this big piece of precision assay equipment?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.