View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 04:32 AM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

Sci Fi just aired part one of the series premiere tonight. I presume they'll be showing it all (including unaired episodes?) Seems to be phase two of their three part plan to pick up all of those major network, "let's see if we can capture the Lost crowd" alien invasion series, all cancelled after one season. I remember seeing ads for Surface sometime last year (an NBC show they already had the rights to). Now they've got CBS's Threshold. I wonder how long before they con ABC out of Invasion?

Anyway, I honestly wasn't that impressed. It seemed fairly cheesy. The characters were all rather cliche, and I can't say the whole "crack team of archetypal misfit nerds" hasn't been done to death in every disaster movie I've seen (major Armageddon vibes). Spiner was solid, but the rest of the acting was rather... B-movieish.

Does the series pick up after the first episode? Or is it a good example (whether you enjoyed it or not) of how the rest of the series goes?

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!

Last edited by ijdgaf; 10-14-2006 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Holy Grammar mistakes, Batman!