View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 04:13 AM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium View Post
Ehh. Over here, we're so deep the IMF has refused to lend any more money to our government. But then, this is an oeconomy run by a man who sells off gold reserves when gold is at an all-time low price...While the Euro-tunnel project is so far in debt that if the bank tried to collect it would end up being shut down (I don't understand how, but a friend who understands economics told me.)
I keep hearing this too. How the hell can it be? It's a flipping tunnel under the sea for crying out loud! How exacty are they running this thing? It's always busy, must make money. Yet is in debt. Amazing.
Less concerned about the national debt though. I think it's more just 'something that's there but means nothing to us' type thing. Like Greenland. I did read an amusing bit about the USA's debt in a Bill Bryson book (I think it was Notes from a big country)
Seems you guys are screwed.
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------