Thread: January 25
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[quoteost_uid0="Tate"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I like Civ 3 too, though I haven't been able to play it much lately. I wish it had more of a storyline so I could five it. By the way, what other Sid Meier games do you play?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Oh... How interesting that you ask this question today...

I played Civilization 3: Play the World today. It was causing me problems throughout last week, but today it froze 5 times. It`s just horribly frustrating to play the same turn 5 times in a row, and it always ends with the game freezing. I did everything I could possibly do, I reinstalled the whole game twice, but... nothing.

When it froze for the fifth time in 10 minutes, I took out the CD and crushed it. It got shattered in six pieces. I`m still furious.

It was the culmination of my hatred towards CD-s and DVD-s. It wouldn`t have happened if The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring DVD I tried to watch over the weekend hadn`t frozen as well.

First the movie... no, not just the movie - A BRILLIANT movie, freezes, after one hour, then the game freezes 5 times and destroys all of my effort in the last 8 days...

I know you think I`m mad now, but don`t worry, this was an isolated incident... It`s just that it will take a looong time for me to watch a DVD or play a computer game again,

But, enough of this... Tate, even though you`ve said it lacks a certain amount of storyline, do you plan to five Civ 3 anyway?[/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire