View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 10:22 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

...TWoP fan. Yes. Yes, that's me.

Let me put it this way. I find TWoP a very useful resource, and I like some of the people who work there, such as Keckler. I often get a kick out of the recaps and even make the occasional reference, like this one or the Weight of the World Window ref in Five-Minute "Damage." But I hate everything TWoP stands for. They've become incredibly successful by appealing to the basher mentality, and boy, has it gone to their heads. Their slogan, "Spare the Snark, Spoil the Networks," sums it up perfectly. That's how important they think they are. (See also "shoutouts.") Most galling of all, people buy it -- Yahoo TV is full of TWoP links now, and Veronica Mars fans cite the TWoP recaps as an example of "critical acclaim."

And they KILLED MY FATHER.

Anyway... this fiver was originally written in '04. I was a real fan of TWoP back then; a lot has changed since. I still go there sometimes and I may keep making references, but I would definitely not call myself a fan anymore.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction