View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 07:20 AM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Whoa... that's so sad. I'm so sorry to hear...

My familiarity with B5 in general is about 5 episodes. But... when I was in the US last summer, I went to a production of [iost_uid0]King Lear[/iost_uid0]. And the next day, I flicked on Babylon 5 for the first time in five years (hadn't had much of an opportunity without cable, and the one episode I'd seen previously had been... um... pitiful. The one with the "exotic human mating ritual"? ::shudder:. Anyway, I'm watching, and the first scene's with Doctor Franklin, and I'm staring at him, going I [iost_uid0]know[/iost_uid0] that guy! I've seen him before!"

Flash of recognition and a quick check of credits confirms - he was the same actor who had played Edmund so brilliantly in [iost_uid0]Lear[/iost_uid0] just the day before. At which point I go, quote, "whoa." Admiration. Appreciation. Fade out.

That's about all I know about Richard Biggs... but it's enough to add, for me, a personal note to my sorrow to hear of his death. Mr. Biggs, may you rest in peace.[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis