Thread: Audiofivers
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 09:10 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Erm, which audiofiver test? There was no "complete" audiofiver in any form, ever, at least as far as I remember. I have a sound test file for myself and one for Hejira. That's it, right?

I agree that a simple beep would be fine, maybe a quick audio cue to indicate whether we're onboard ship or on a planet.

As for the length of the fivers, why not five the fivers? With the correct editing I'm sure a handful of scenes would be fine. We all know the plots, so basically we'd be doing what Monty Python did to turn their sketches into a movie.

Hey, a flash movie (videofiver) is fine, too, but would it be the "powerpoint presentation" format or the "mystery science theater 3000" format? I mean, snapshots or actual motion?

It's just that if writing a fiver is a one, and audiofivers are five, videofivers are like thirty. A lot more work, a lot more time, a lot more bandwidth, and way better odds that people will give up when Real Life rears it's ugly head. I think we really do need to tiptoe into this.

"We're not voice actors?" Hey, we may not be professionally trained, but we have moxie, spunk, and enough cheesy geekitude to choke a cat!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.