View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

If you can have Atlantis, then why not the Enterprise - E. Then you get everything. Warp, tricoders, comm badges, phasers, transporters....
I think that is the reason why you can't pick whole ships.
To be honest, if I could take one thing from ST...anything...it would be the advanced nature of the people, the humans. I know there are still some gits, but most, as troi said, are united. Just think what we have done in the last hundred years as a race. Split the atom. Taken to the sky. Taken to space. Look at our technolgy. Ok it isn't quite Trek level, but we do have some amazing things (The internet!) But that was while we've been doing all this fighting and crap. It makes you wonder, if we could pour all our energy into 'improving ourselves', without the in-fighting part, just think just what we could do. Not having to spend all our money on defence budgets. Or worrying about north korea making bombs. I'm certain if things were pushed and the world was more united we could have a real chance at doing amazing things.
It just makes me think.
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------