View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Suuuuuper genius

Send a message via AIM to MaverickZer0 Send a message via MSN to MaverickZer0 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickZer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability View Post
Okay, Mr. Smartie-Pants, YOU explain why they never identified themselves. If you're going to be persnickety, then their name really IS Ancient, like that Asgard guy said. In that case Othar wouldn't have said "I am what you would call an Ancient," she'd have said "I am an Ancient." Explain that, too.
Simple. They don't want humans to know too much about them. If they had the name of their race, they could find out more, and the Ancients want them to find their own path to Ascension. That they've learned this much at all is a mistake, but they are still extremely tight-fisted with information. It's very possible also that they never properly identified themselves to the other three races, as they were already so far in advance they felt the same applied.
Personally, I believe the Ancients called themselves humans. That's why the Milky Way humans are second-generation, and they make seperate distinctions (Kelownans, Tauri, etc.) among them. It's not so much a stretch.

No, I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to go and do it anyway.

*pokes avatar* Made by a good LJ friend. Thanks Ani!

Dark Blues: I'm going to kill you!
Enzan: Not if I kill me first!
Dark Blues: You...are aware my goal is accomplished either way, right?
Enzan: ...Yeah...