View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:10 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Um, I don't think the city itself counts. If you wanted transporter "elevator" booths, that'd be fine. ZPM, Puddle Jumpers (wonder if McKay's still stewing that Gateship was shot down), Life Signs Detectors (why can't they just use the word tricorder?), yadda yadda are all okay wishes.

Then again, (SPOILER ALERT!) the entire city is an intergalactal starship, so maybe it does count. Nah, still wouldn't count.

Time for a little grumble. "Ancient" was okay in the first season, but that Asgard guy should've used the word Alteran in "The Fifth Race" and be done with it. Seriously, these guys aren't gone, they aren't purely mythical, they exist today and some of them are still actively meddling in mortal affairs. If I was an Alteran, I'd be insulted that people who knew my race name and knew that my race still lived were still using the word Ancient.

Oh, and where are the Furlings, and are they furry? And what's with the ninth chevron? After ten years, we want answers!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.