View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardson
Now I suspect that enterprise will be restored. No way paramount officals can ignore 3 million raised in the sake of saving one show.
Of course they can. First off, it isn't fans as a whole -- 99% of that money was contributed by one relatively small group of people. Two, the money doesn't do Paramount or UPN any good. It doesn't boost their ratings, or get them more advertising dollars. They can't be unaware of the cult following that Enterprise -- or any Trek series, for that matter -- has. The people donating money are the ones who were already watching the show, and that apparently wasn't enough. Third, UPN is trying to shift its demographic to target young women; that doesn't give them a lot of incentive to keep Enterprise on the air if it's not performing well. The fan campaign in favor of UPN's Veronica Mars has, I think, a way better shot, because it fits with UPN's target audience. Of course, it helps that VM has almost unanimous critical aclaim and is easily the best show currently on television... it's just the best show that not enough people are watching.

As I've said before -- the best shot Enterprise has is getting off UPN and onto a network like SciFi or Spike whose target demographic is, well, more like a stereotypic Trekkie than a 19 year old girl.
Three, it has been tried before by fans, and it rarely does any good. Even fan-made efforts don't succeed, even with the help of writers - the companies don't want to release their grip on their preshisss copyrights - even ones they're not using.......
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!