View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Outside looking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium
Hopefully the Trek franchise will take some time developing something really solid, which does not mess with what the fans want, or with what was created before. Unless it was some Section 31 show...
One of the big problems is that I hear Berman is too afraid to take risks. Well, in order for anything to be successful at all, you've got to take SOME risks. Taking a risk in this case can only help Trek, I think. Taking a risk can develop something solid.

Unless it's a re-writing history risk. X_x But when I say risk, I'm talking a REAL risk, as in bringing in something TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I don't know what that might be, but whatever it is, I think it would have to involve story arcs.

Is it bad that I want to see Trek gear itself more toward being a prime-time drama? I mean, if it did that, it might draw in more viewers. We'd also be seeing good story arcs, a cast of really well-developed characters with real emotions, and... I dunno. I'm certainly not saying I want Trek to become more "real", but just... real enough in the sense that it could appeal to more people.

Anyone get what I'm saying here? :P